jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (13 posts)

Didn't anyone I'm following publish a hub within the last 24 hrs?

1. Cardisa profile image90
    Cardisaposted 5 years ago

Every day since I joined HP I have received an email with a list/links to my favorite authors newest hubs.

Today nothing, nada. Usually by 6:30am Jamaica time I would have gotten this mail.

I have no hubs to read today unless I go hub hopping or search the hubs pages.

Not happy about it.

1. 0
      kimberlyslyricsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

big_smile

sista count on me for 25 more days!

ugh

your such a huge hlp, lovez ya

2. mio cid profile image63
      mio cidposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I don't know if you are following me or not but I haven't published a hub today

2. AliciaC profile image95
    AliciaCposted 5 years ago

I didn’t get my email about new hubs by the people I'm following today either, and it’s very unlikely that none of the people that I follow wrote hubs. I find this happens occasionally, but I’ve never missed the email for more than one day in a row. At the moment I’m guessing that all the programming changes being made at HubPages are causing glitches and that things will return to normal once all the problems are worked out.

3. Greg Sage profile image60
    Greg Sageposted 5 years ago

Hmm...

There's only one way to get to the bottom of this:

Follow me, and I'll publish something.

THEN we'll know if it's working.

4. 0
    Travis_S_Musicposted 5 years ago

If HP is doing updates or repairs to the site, just like any other site or game or anything really, their e-mail system may be down with the rest of the maintenance. I wouldn't worry about it. Just watch your Feed on the home page and you'll see the new hubs posted by people you follow.

5. Greg Sage profile image60
    Greg Sageposted 5 years ago

Still, just to be sure....

Cardisaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Your Silly...................

But seriously, I get the hubs from my feed/home page....so I'm set!

1. 0
        Travis_S_Musicposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Well there ya go (: I would not rely on the e-mail system. A lot of sites have a problem with keeping that up all the time. I would guess because the system gets an overflow of activity. Who knows. Direct site flow is much easier to pay attention to.

Thanks Travis!

6. tlpoague profile image89
    tlpoagueposted 5 years ago

I have noticed that I haven't received an email on new hubs for about three days now. I am hoping that HP will continue to send email, since I like to store the ones I don't time to read that day in a folder to read later. I am really not liking this new set up since I don't "live" on my computer, since summer started. I feel that I am missing something and don't want to spend an hour looking up hubs or people.
    Other than missing the old set up of widgets, I haven't had too many problem adjusting to the changes going on. I only hope that they don't quit sending the emails. Have you received any emails yet?

Hi Tlpoague, I know this might be inconvenient, but you can look through your feed page/ home page and get the newly published hub there.

7. tlpoague profile image89
    tlpoagueposted 5 years ago

I haven't published anything in a couple of weeks. I seem to go in spurts, but I know of some that have been publishing every day, while others are more like me. It is the ones that are more like me that I always feel as if I am going to miss one of their current hubs. I guess I just loved the widgets where I could sift through them quickly then go back and read them. Sad part was I was just getting the widgets figured out when they changed them.
    Oh well, live and adapt. I will have to look and see if I am following you Mio. I'm not sure. Like I mentioned, I have been out of action a bit. I am in the process of working on a hub about a nasty tornado storm that took out a couple of farm houses down the road from my sister.
    Anyhow, I guess I will patiently wait to see what other interesting changes will happen here. Thanks for your help!

working