jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Ignore feature?

1. psycheskinner profile image80
    psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago

Just an idea: one forum I on has a feature where you can 'ignore
    certain users and so their posts are not displayed to you.  That might help lower the form temperatures a little?

1. Uninvited Writer profile image81
      Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I like it smile

2. rebekahELLE profile image92
      rebekahELLEposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I usually just skip over their post. If it's someone starting another one of 'those' threads, I just block it. [no, I'm not talking about you TM. wink]

2. wilderness profile image96
    wildernessposted 5 years ago

Would it not cause some worry when flames begin coming out of your monitor, reaching out for you?  And you have no idea why?

Actually, I kind of like the idea as well.  Although it might look a little odd, people replying to no one and to comments you don't see.

1. Lisa HW profile image83
      Lisa HWposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It might cause some of those people who are bent on having their posts seen to start e.mailing the ignore-ers personally.   hmm  Maybe it's best that the ignore-worthy posts remain on the forums.  At least their posts are contained.  lol

1. wilderness profile image96
        wildernessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Good point.  If I ignore a forum post, you can be certain that I do not want an email from them! smile

3. TMMason profile image73
    TMMasonposted 5 years ago

What's the fun in that? I think you would be able to ignore someone if you really wanted to. If their opinions bother you so much that you cannot hold back, then you should learn some self-control.

4. LuisEGonzalez profile image80
    LuisEGonzalezposted 5 years ago

This may be interesting to some, but I personally accept all comments good or bad as they help me become better or give me other perspectives.

5. Uninvited Writer profile image81
    Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago

I'm thinking people who are abusive not necessarily those you disagree with.

working