jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

Underlining Words

1. Greensleeves Hubs profile image97
    Greensleeves Hubsposted 5 years ago

I seem to be having a problem with the underline feature in the text capsules. Bold and italics are working fine, but when I try to underline a word or phrase, and then I save the capsule, the underlining disappears and the gap between what should be an  underlined word and the next word in the text also disappears. Hope someone can help. Cheers.

2. rebekahELLE profile image92
    rebekahELLEposted 5 years ago

This may be a change. I saw this post yesterday regarding underlining on another thread. Or it could be another glitch.
    http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/77743?p … ost1682826

Greensleeves Hubsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks. I just looked at the link you gave. Hopefully it is something which will be sorted soon. One drawback of a site offering simple webpage templates is obviously the limitation on what you can do creatively with the text and font on a HubPage, so it would be a shame if the option of underlining words or phrases for emphasis, is lost.

3. rebekahELLE profile image92
    rebekahELLEposted 5 years ago

I just tried to underline in one of my hubs, and it didn't work. Nothing happened to the placement, but there was no line.

It still shows up on previous text previously published underlined.

Greensleeves Hubsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Well thanks for that RebekahELLE. At least it means I'm not doing something wrong, and I'm not alone. Bold text is sometimes a bit too strident, and italics aren't always prominant enough on a single word to provide emphasis, so hopefully we will get the underlining option back soon.

4. Greensleeves Hubs profile image97
    Greensleeves Hubsposted 5 years ago

It seems that the underlining facility is now back in operation, after a few weeks when it was disabled. I'm glad, because underlining creates an impact which in some circumstances cannot be met so effectively by the use of bold or italics.

I'm not sure whether there was an intention to remove underlining from the site, or whether it was just a technical glitch which has now been solved, but anyway, thanks to HubPages for getting it back in operation.

5. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago

It must be okay now because I'm seeing whole hubs underlined when I hub hop smile

6. profile image0
    Motown2Chitownposted 5 years ago

Is it by any chance something you can get around by using a different word processing program like Word?  I rarely do my processing right in the capsules.  I copy and paste from Word and make adjustments to spacing as necessary.

Good luck!

working