That massive great space on the right!

1. Greensleeves Hubs profile image98
    Greensleeves Hubsposted 5 years ago

Hi. When I write a hub, probably the thing I take most pride in is in trying to make the page look as professional as possible. With this in mind, probably the most irritating single issue for me with the presentation of the hubpage is that annoying blank space on the right hand side.

Beneath the profile photo, a block of related hubs and a few ads and tags, there's this massive blank white space. Only half the moniter screen is used by the hub. I know this is common to many other sites and pages, but why is it so, and is there anything that I can do to fill it? It seems almost to discourage writing a hub which is more than a few hundreds words long.

I'd be happy to see anything in this space, just to see it filled, so that when viewed it looks like either the HubPages site or my own page occupies the whole screen, rather than just half of it. Cheers.

2. 0
    Website Examinerposted 5 years ago

On the upper part of the page, it is advertisement space. If you have an ad blocker, you will not see them. Without an ad blocker - and I did check both - there are large ads filling those spaces. On the lower part of the hub, it is true that there is nothing on the right side of the screen, since there are no ads and HubPages does place all text and images on the left half of the page.