jump to last post 1-13 of 13 discussions (16 posts)

My First Hub

1. Dublin profile image60
    Dublinposted 5 years ago

Finally I have published my first Hub, what was your first hub and how did it work for you?

1. IzzyM profile image86
      IzzyMposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I actually read it al the way through, even though I am not particularly interested in a hotel in Dublin.

You have a wonderful way with words, they flow easily, they draw the reader in.

Welcome to Hubpages smile

2. wheelinallover profile image81
      wheelinalloverposted 5 years ago in reply to this

My first hub was about something very near and dear to me.
      I have been wheelchair bound for 20 years and I wanted to know why I am labeled disabled. It is by no means a best seller even of the hubs I have written. Recently I found out I am a more interesting author when I am faced with a challenge.

As an author we should write about what we know, in the case of the challenge it went further and actually gave those who read it a glimpse of who I am and what my life is like today. I wonder if this is what had been missing, people like real.

For the most part I don't see a bad side in anything, I have no idea if this helps or hurts me as a writer. There have been so many negative things happen in my life I personally don't care to mention them unless there is a way to show others how to avoid  of them.

2. CyclingFitness profile image91
    CyclingFitnessposted 5 years ago

Congratulations Dublin

My first hub was 2 months ago.

The-simple-guide-to-better-road-race-performance

It's been viewed 100 times in total and has been my introduction to the hubpages community which I have started to integrate into.
    To be honest the material in my hub is not really of a particular niche so I don't feel I will ever get strong traffic from it however I feel it was a good first effort as every day is a schoolday!

Good luck for the future

3. Dublin profile image60
    Dublinposted 5 years ago

just going to read your hub right now smile

4. Dublin profile image60
    Dublinposted 5 years ago

cycling fitness I have just read and voted up your hub "My first month on Hub pages", great hub smile

5. IzzyM profile image86
    IzzyMposted 5 years ago

Oh and my first hub was pretty awful, and so was the next 400, but I'm getting there smile

6. Dublin profile image60
    Dublinposted 5 years ago

IzzyM I have just read and voted up your maximise Blog Hub, great hub and I will be using it to try and improve my work smile

1. IzzyM profile image86
      IzzyMposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Cheers smile

7. FloraBreenRobison profile image60
    FloraBreenRobisonposted 5 years ago

My first hub was published two weeks ago and it was on Classic Mystery Fiction.  The advice to new hubbers is to write what you know a lot about until you are familiar with hubpages and I read mysteries all the time.  I quite enjoyed the experience and saw it as a way to revisit authors I hated read in a while.

8. My Stories profile image60
    My Storiesposted 5 years ago

My first hub was a story about texting while driving. It worked out pretty good. I wanted to share a message.

9. theirishobserver. profile image59
    theirishobserver.posted 5 years ago

just keep writing smile

10. Danette Watt profile image88
    Danette Wattposted 5 years ago

My first hub was on the Ghosts of Alton. It seems to be one of my more popular hubs. I looked for your hub on the hotel but don't see it now, although I noticed it earlier but did not have time to read it then. Was it unpublished?

11. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 5 years ago

cant find your hub...where is it?

12. Dublin profile image60
    Dublinposted 5 years ago

Because I published my hub content on my website after publishing it here it has been marked duplicate, this doe snot mke much sense, or does it?

13. Danette Watt profile image88
    Danette Wattposted 5 years ago

yes Hub pages doesn't allow duplicate content. Check out the Tutorial section for what's allowed and what isn't.

working