jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Cooment Spam On One Of My Websites

1. 0
    BenjaminBposted 5 years ago

Something odd I have never seen before is happening to one of my websites today. Now it could very well be that they are legitimate comments, but here's why it looks fishy.

All of the recent comments were left very close in a short time frame. All of them show the website address as either google.com, yahoo.com or bing.com. Personally odd to me, I don't think Ive ever seen anyone do that on any of my sites before.They were all very short comments like 5-6 words.

On the first comment within the lettering of it was a little symbol, a tiny box that had a 00 over a small line and under it said 97.

Has anyone ever seen such a thing. Is someone trying to get some sort of virus into my site or something of that nature? Has be baffled to tell the truth and a bit paranoid.

This is what I saw on there;

All of my qeustonis settled—thanks!

1. 0
      BenjaminBposted 5 years ago in reply to this

And they keep coming at a rate of maybe 3-5 every 10 minutes. No more have had the funny looking code in it but it's obvious they are spamming for some reason. I just can't understand why anyone would want to spam for the search engines, there has to be something hidden I am not seeing, some sort of reason behind it.

2. IzzyM profile image85
    IzzyMposted 5 years ago

Sounds like a translated spam bot. Usually when you see a strange symbol it is because it is translated from another language like Chinese or Arabic.

1. classicalgeek profile image86
      classicalgeekposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I just read an article about this on the WebProNews website. Evidently they are paying a bunch of people who are living in various places around the world a penny or a few pennies per post to post on blogs, because it's being marketed to small companies who don't know any better as a "gray hat" marketing technique for their web sites.