jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Google Rank

1. MelissaBarrett profile image60
    MelissaBarrettposted 5 years ago

I have a hub that is ranked 11 in Google for a fairly nice keyword. Looking at the competition in MS it is most likely going to make rank 7 or 8 but has not a hope in heck of making 1, 2, or 3.  So question is, is it better to be at the top of the second page or the bottom of the first?  (Not that I can do fig-all about it, if I could direct a hub to a specific rank, I would make millions, its just an idle curiousity)

1. Traqqer profile image79
      Traqqerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Probably better to be on the first page no matter where you are....just my unscientific opinion from a user's standpoint.

1. ProCW profile image84
        ProCWposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I agree. Though, on a side-note, some people have there pages set to view more than the standard 10 returns for google searches. So, for some of your viewers (even if you place 50th in their search, you could be on their first page). smile Back to the point... if you are on the first page, I think you'll have a significantly higher chance of click-through.

1. thisisoli profile image71
          thisisoliposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You really want to aim for at least the top 5, preferabel top 3.  People generally scan the first few items ina  search result and then choose what most closely resembles their answer, they only scroll below the fold if they do not find what they need.

2. MelissaBarrett profile image60
    MelissaBarrettposted 5 years ago

Actually, after whatever the heck google did yesterday-I'm not complaining-The hub went to fourth.  I'm not going to beat wiki (does anyone beat wiki?) and the other two sites are "official" sites for a medical condition with about a billion backlinks and PR of 6 and 7.  They aren't exact url matches or title matches, but they stomp the heck out of me on everything else.