Weekly Topic Inspiration: Aging and Beauty

Jump to Last Post 1-20 of 20 discussions (49 posts)
  1. Simone Smith profile image87
    Simone Smithposted 12 years ago

It's Monday!  You know what that means- a new Weekly Topic Inspiration thread! big_smile 

This week is a special one- it's the first one in which we have a Hubber-recommended topic!  The fabulous soozeqsh proposed Aging & Beauty as this week's subject.  It's a good one!

If you'd like to join in on this week's topic by writing a Hub, follow these steps:

1)    Click here to visit this week's topic.
    2)    Click the green button "answer this question".
    3)    Click the gray button below the box (leave that empty) that says "make a Hub about it."
    4)    Give your Hub a very specific title, like Easy Summer Gardening Projects for Kids or Challenging Summer Activities for Teens
    5)    Create good quality original content that hasn't been covered before.
    6)    After you publish your Weekly Topic Inspiration Hub, come back to this forum thread and post a link to your Hub with a brief description of what you wrote about and why.

For more information on the Weekly Topic Inspiration program, check out the Learning Center guide.

Big thanks to soozeqsh for this week's topic, and be sure to send me a message if you have a great topic in mind that would be good for a future Weekly Topic Inspiration theme!
    http://s2.hubimg.com/u/5063877_f260.jpg

1. Dreamlin profile image57
      Dreamlinposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I enjoy a good love story. When I saw the topic, I couldn't help to relate it to a love story, and I name it "Ageless Beauty". Hope you enjoy it.
      http://hubpages.com/hub/Ageless-Beauty

1. K9keystrokes profile image84
        K9keystrokesposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Nice job telling a lovely story! I am moved...

2. Sharyn's Slant profile image91
      Sharyn's Slantposted 12 years agoin reply to this

http://hubpages.com/hub/Zits-and-More-Z … -As-We-Age
      I remember being 13 years old and receiving so many compliments on my beautiful complexion. “Oh, your skin is so beautiful” or “Your complexion just glows my dear” (followed by my cheeks then being pinched by a neighbor or a dear friend of Grandma’s). Read more . . .

2. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image81
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 12 years ago

I wanna see someone tackle "men's beauty" with aging. . . .I only object to the words "men" and "beauty" in the same sentence!

1. Patty Inglish, MS profile image88
      Patty Inglish, MSposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Like "Sean Connery is a beautiful man"? lol

1. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image81
        Wesman Todd Shawposted 12 years agoin reply to this

hehehehe.  I envy his commanding tone of voice, that's for sure. 

Remember those Red Stripe Beer commercials?  The Jamaican guy hands the "American Dude" a beer and then goes, "Beautiful man!"

hahaha smile

3. FloraBreenRobison profile image61
    FloraBreenRobisonposted 12 years ago

what a great topic suggestion! There are certainly various ways to tackle this topic.

Simone Smithposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Absolutely. This is going to be an interesting week!

4. K9keystrokes profile image84
    K9keystrokesposted 12 years ago

Fun topic Simone~ Looking forward to reading the up and comming hubs!

Me too! Especially seeing as I won't be reaching my prime until AT LEAST age 62 ^_^

Hey that's great since we can't retire until age 100! LOL

Seriously, I one met a woman in her early 70s that was still working, and she looked aged 17, but with beautiful white hair. She is my role model.

Oh, that is AWESOME.  That's totally what I'm going for. 

Honestly, I don't think I'd retire, even if I had the choice big_smile

5. Patty Inglish, MS profile image88
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 12 years ago

Here's fun take on it: Nobody Wants a 50-Year-Old Woman

Awesome nostalgic hub Patty-- brought back memories of some truly special women. Your Gaga comparison is spot-on! Enjoyed this hub very much.

2. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image81
      Wesman Todd Shawposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I beg to differ.  I was once so stupified by the beauty of a Porta Rican Chemistry professor that I had to drop out of her class.

I'm willing to bet that right about now she's the most attractive 60 something woman in the world.

6. Patty Inglish, MS profile image88
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 12 years ago

Thanks a lot - it was fun. I forgot to mention that Oldies radio stations in the Midwest give out Comestic Surgery packages as prizes now. LOL

7. Princessa profile image82
    Princessaposted 12 years ago

Great topic, I'll try to come in with something, it's been a while since I wrote a hub and thisq topic is just the excuse I was needing to start writing again

8. K9keystrokes profile image84
    K9keystrokesposted 12 years ago

How dare they question the sexy and attractive women who belong to the "Over 50 Bregade!" 

http://hubpages.com/t/26dd15

I really enjoyed it!

I am so glad Simone, thank you.

2. Denise Handlon profile image85
      Denise Handlonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Wonderful hub-read and commented.  smile

9. profile image0
    Home Girlposted 12 years ago

In contemporary society beauty in a man can be very counterproductive. When my oldest son was a baby, he was so beautiful, and tender and slim, with big blue eyes,blond hair, beautiful smile etc. Growing up he had problems with his slimness, beautiful face, I am sure he was teased, called gay,girl,whatever, though he never complained, I suspected that. At 15 he started body building, he shaved his hair, he covered himself with scars and horrible "homemade" carvings on his body. He does not look beautiful anymore, for me he looks terrifying, though he is my son and I love him very much in any shape and form, but I still miss that slender pretty boy, he was before, but fully understand the reason he changed himself that much.

10. Sally's Trove profile image78
    Sally's Troveposted 12 years ago

It isn't all about sex and physical beauty, nor only about women...

http://hubpages.com/hub/The-Beauty-of-the-Aging-Mind

Thanks for this challenge...I hadn't written anything here since April, and this topic totally said to me, "Do it!"

1. Denise Handlon profile image85
      Denise Handlonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Excellent hub. Voted it up. smile

1. Sally's Trove profile image78
        Sally's Troveposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for reading and commenting, Denise!

2. K9keystrokes profile image84

Outstanding writing with wonderful meaning.

11. Michael Conley profile image60
    Michael Conleyposted 12 years ago

Men and Beauty what can I saw other then I wish men would take the female context out of that word and understand that beauty is an entity which is admired, or possesses features widely attributed to beauty in a particular culture, for perfection.I am always surprised when men say they don't like the word. I love the word because of that I will age appropriately.. God willing...

1. marwan asmar profile image66
      marwan asmarposted 12 years ago

Some people age well. Others become more elegant than beautiful. This actually applies to both women and women. And so they become more attractive

2. FloraBreenRobison profile image61

I've written a poem on Aging and Beauty.  I wanted to try writing one of Phil Plasma's brick poems too, so I wrote a poem aabout inner beauty in the form of a brick.

The poem is called Inner Beauty as You Age

It is outstanding and compelling. Nice brick work! wink
        You should place the link here!

3. FloraBreenRobison profile image61

Thanks for commenting on my hub, Patty!

4. Mrs. Menagerie profile image90
      Mrs. Menagerieposted 12 years ago

Here is why old bats should never have long hair....

http://hubpages.com/_119gremby1l8x/hub/ … Hairstyles

smile

1. cardelean profile image86
        cardeleanposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I tried to send you an email but couldn't find a link on your profile page.  You have some stolen content on Flixya.com.  I found some of mine today and started to look at all of the "blogs" by this idiot.  There were at least two by you.  Here are the links.
        http://www.flixya.com/blog/3039652/My-W … ar-Stories

http://www.flixya.com/blog/3039662/Do-I … utterflies

1. Mrs. Menagerie profile image90
          Mrs. Menagerieposted 12 years agoin reply to this

What!?!  Thanks so much for the heads up!  Does anyone know what I can do about it?

1. cardelean profile image86
            cardeleanposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Don't worry, it's been taken down now.  I was furiously emailing everyone I could last night to try to get it removed and the blogger has been banned from that site now.

Good job then!!!!  What a blogger boob, glad you caught 'em.

2. Simone Smith profile image87

Yikes! That's... BLARGH!
          But for reference, when you find copied work, Mrs. Menagerie, be sure to file a DMCA complaint.  We have a guide on those here: http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/how- … -complaint

5. FloraBreenRobison profile image61

Oh, Mrs. Menagerie, this is halarious.  And look at all the old Hollywwod women who look fabulous too, regardless of their hair length.  Sophia loren comes to mind. Very egotistical of her, I'm sure.  smile

Thanks Flora...Sophia Loren IS fabulous and Raquel Welch still looks hot.  So rude...smile

1. manthy profile image61
          manthyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

My mother looked just like Ava Gardner - I am gonna write a hub about her soon - Cool hairstyle photos BTW

6. Davids writing profile image70
      Davids writingposted 12 years ago

I thought I would give this a try! I have given the idea of aging and beauty a different spin. Too much? You be the judge!

http://hubpages.com/_1545dbz9r7kpp/hub/ … de-by-side

I don't think this was too much at all! It just might be my favorite Aging and Beauty Hub of the week!

7. soozeqsh profile image74
      soozeqshposted 12 years ago

I was inspired to write a hub in response to my own question.  My hub is about how Aging can be Amazing.  I believe that aging is a natural process and my hub expands on the idea.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Older-Women-Make-Better-Lovers

I really enjoyed this one!  This has been such an inspiring topic.

8. FloraBreenRobison profile image61

Is there going to be a weekly inspiration topic this week, or has the introduction of a new contest taken over--if this is normal for the beginning of the month you must forgive me as I joined lastmonth in the second week of the month.

WTI shall continue uninterrupted, since we have no weekly themes for the contest.  It's a good question though! We used to combine the two, back when WTI was called HubMob and the contests had themes.

9. Simone Smith profile image87
      Simone Smithposted 12 years ago

Big thanks to everyone who submitted Hubs for last week's WTI!

The new thread and topic are up: http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/78440

This week'll be all about self-publishing big_smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)