jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Warning on a hub re: weapons sales? Should I worry?

1. mythbuster profile image85
    mythbusterposted 5 years ago

I currently have this warning on one of my hubs about silver bullets in legends:

"CONTENT WARNING: This Hub appears to be about weapon sales

It appears this Hub might promote the sale of weapons (including firearms, firearm components, fighting knives, stun guns) or ammunition, which violates our Terms of Use. Please note that Hubs that don't comply with our rules can be unpublished. This is an automated warning; if you've received this warning in error, please disregard it. Keep writing great Hubs!"

I think I can safely disregard this warning, however, I'd rather be safe than sorry... so if there is something I should add to this hub to explain that there are NO WEAPON sales going on, could someone please suggest what I should do?

the title is "Legends With Silver and Magic Bullets" and even the ads/amazon and ebay items are PENDANTS, not weapons.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Legends-With-Si … ic-Bullets

I will check back later to see if there are any tips for this problem.

1. kschang profile image90
      kschangposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Don't worry about it.

I have a hub where I explain the different types of firearms from guns to assault rifles to shotguns (but did not have any links) and it also got that automatic warning/label.

2. Cagsil profile image82
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

I don't know if you are going to have a problem with it, but I would suggest you email staff about the warning.

However, I would also suggest that you put a disclaimer at the top of the page, with regards to it not being a hub about the sale of anything dangerous.

I am unsure about the keywords/tags and their association. I don't know if that could be damaging to the hub or not.

Sorry, I wish I could be more help.

3. mythbuster profile image85

Thank you for the prompt reply and tips, Cags. I will go type in some explanation text as you've suggested.

4. WriteAngled profile image92
    WriteAngledposted 5 years ago

Don't waste time putting any explanatory text into your hub. The warning was automatically generated due to a robot picking up trigger words.

You could always try to evade the robot by replacing the b___ word with a long-winded definition, such as "the pointy things that are ejected with great force from the metal tube of a device used for defensive and offensive purposes"....

Just being sarcastic against the rule of the robots here!

5. mythbuster profile image85

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone. I think I will have to just wait and see what happens with this hub. A key word that is probably hitting up against the filters needs to stay...