jump to last post 1-16 of 16 discussions (18 posts)

My personal experience - AdSense & traffic

1. livelonger profile image92
    livelongerposted 9 years ago

Hi all,

Just a short note that hopefully doesn't run afoul of AdSense's rules on telling your earnings.

I will say that it took 8-9 months to get my first check from AdSense. My next check should be ready in about a week, and it's only taken 3 months this time.

I've tried with various types of Hub styles and content, to see which get me viewers and which get ignored.

The worst tend to be personal stuff and news stuff. Even though I always write unique content, the news stuff doesn't get paid attention to by the search engines - even though other Hubbers might like it and make comments to it.

My top 3 Hubs in terms of traffic:
    - How to Make Your Own Yogurt - took me a relatively long time to make (maybe 3-4 hours) and about 2 months to get serious attention from Google but it's my highest-view Hub with close to 100 views a day now
    - Free Tattoo Idea - this was from the idea bank and probably because it's one of those attractive niche topics, it gets a lot of traffic. It took me about 90 mins to make.
    - Gaydar Secrets - took me about 2 hrs to make but it was a lot of fun and gets lots of comments.

Looking down the rest of my list, it would seem the stuff that's either from the Idea Bank, or "rich" (with lots of pics/videos/text capsules), eventually gets decent traffic.

Just thought I'd share what I've noticed with my own Hubs: what works & what doesn't.

1. Lissie profile image86
      Lissieposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Do you keep promoting hubs on external sites or if they are good enough/unique enough do they keep getting visitors?

2. jimmythejock profile image83
    jimmythejockposted 9 years ago

Since you got the ball rolling with some valuable information Livelonger, I thought I would share a couple of tips for everyone here too.

Since I stopped adding links to external sites, I find that I get alot more clicks from adsense.

I find that my product review hubs get approximately 10-20% more clicks than any other type of hub.especially if i don't add external links.

HOW TO

How to guides get alot of clicks too.
    hope these help .....jimmy
    p.s thanks Livelonger

3. livelonger profile image92
    livelongerposted 9 years ago

Excellent advice! I like to keep external links on the page but have been moving to put them at the bottom in a links capsule to not overly compete with AdSense ads. Yes, the how-tos get lots of traffic and clicks.

4. rkat profile image60
    rkatposted 9 years ago

Thanks, this is great information to know.  I'm a new hubber, and havent gotten any google clicks yet, but it sounds like you just have to be patient, as long as your getting traffic to your hub it will eventually work out.  By the way that Gaydar hub was hilarious.

5. sminut13 profile image79
    sminut13posted 8 years ago

the posts here help me understand more about the hub. thanks for posting questions and answers. it's esp useful for someone like me. appreciate it.

6. Rudra profile image57
    Rudraposted 8 years ago

Good information here. Thanks for sharing these useful tips.

7. Catawn profile image62
    Catawnposted 8 years ago

Thanks for the tips. smile I worked up the guts to publish a tutorial hub, so perhaps that will end up bringing me some attention. None-the-less, I am not discouraged.

And it sure is fun to wander this site, with all the helpful people and interesting articles... smile

8. sminut13 profile image79
    sminut13posted 8 years ago

your advices are really helpful. i'll take more notice of how-to guides too thanks lots

9. Kenny Wordsmith profile image82
    Kenny Wordsmithposted 8 years ago

Very useful. The tips themselves are, and it also gets us thinking about improvement areas. When I become more experiencd, I'll post my tip here, if unique, or as an endosement of somebody else's.
    Anyway it set me thinking about the links, thank you livelonger and jimmy!

10. leezj17 profile image62
    leezj17posted 8 years ago

I am also a new Hubber, this information is very valuable thank you for posting!

11. bloggerdollar profile image44
    bloggerdollarposted 8 years ago

thanks for the tips.

I've been hubbing for 1.5 months and I am wondering if my hubs will grab the attention of the search engines. How long does it take for a good hub to get some serious SE traffic?

1. Lissie profile image86
      Lissieposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I dont know what you count as serious traffic of my 2 hubs which did best in the last 24hrswith 40 and 30 views respectively about 1/2 the traffic is from google, yahoo and aol the other 1/2 are links from sites Ive promoted on and hubpages internals.  Both those hubs have been up for a few weeks so are past the initial blast of hubpage internal traffic you get when you publish.  So about 20 views a day from search engines - I don't know if thats good or not?

12. exinco profile image59
    exincoposted 8 years ago

i'm totally new into this community, i don't understand the revenue sharing concept. should i put my own adsense code with my posting? what i mean was, setup the code in my adsense account and paste along my posting here. is that correct?

13. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 8 years ago

All you need to do is have AdSense active on your my affiliate settings page.  We take care of inserting your adsense code into your pages automatically.  You can learn more here:

14. Jerrico Usher profile image62
    Jerrico Usherposted 8 years ago

OMG ALL I write is 99% how to guides and self help.. cool now I'm really getting excited about this.. thanx for all the tips guys your amazing.. its like getting feedback and not even having to have a product.. hehe..

15. waynet profile image48
    waynetposted 8 years ago

Yep people are looking for information all the time on the internet, they search with long tail keyword phrases from the main search engines or any search engines for that matter, and it's these that you should be placing as tags for your hubs, so people can find them and if you are presenting helpful information they may come back to the same hub or another hub you create and click your adsense links, especially as they frequently refresh, if you change your keyword tags every so often based on keyword research you should be doing, you may see better results and results that can be tracked.

I'm starting to make some good dollars with the adsense thing (although more would be nice!), aswell as with amazon and ebay, aswell as other affiliate programs, as some of my hubs are found quite often through the search engines for various key terms and phrases, it's just in how well you want traffic and how you research to get the traffic from your keywords.

So yes how to's sites are what 99% of people are looking for in various niche markets or subject areas, whether it be products or services or specific information that they need to find.

I'm liking this place more and more as I can refine things that may not work and build better hubs and just generally add new information to my hub page topics.

16. makemoneyonline profile image60
    makemoneyonlineposted 8 years ago

Great post livelonger !