jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Hubs stolen?

1. myi4u profile image60
    myi4uposted 5 years ago

Have you ever found out that your hubs were being published by someone else on another website? If so, how did you find it out?

1. Aficionada profile image93
      Aficionadaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Periodically someone will post in these forums that they have found content copied from HP and posted on another website, and they will name the site and sometimes the HP authors whose work they have found.

One recommended method for finding copied content that is mentioned around those times is to copy a few sentences from a Hub and paste it into a search engine's search box.  (Use quotation marks for best results.) That may help to find copied content, but it could miss some if the copier did not use those exact sentences in their (mostly) copied article.

1. 0
        CheetahsLadyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

works like a charm!

2. myi4u profile image60
    myi4uposted 5 years ago

Thanks aficionada for the advice. I shall try that out!

3. CMHypno profile image89
    CMHypnoposted 5 years ago

If you use Chrome, you can just highlight some text in your hub and right click, which will allow you to search for it in Google.

Be warned - if you start looking, you can end up with a lot of work trying to get copied hubs taken down, but it needs to be done.

I'm finding a lot of my stuff copied in forum posts at the moment

1. brakel2 profile image87
      brakel2posted 5 years ago in reply to this

I found my copied content by entering my keywords in google search, and all three of copied content were on that page with my content. You can find sites that you can pay to find copied content but not worth it for me.

4. Denise Handlon profile image88
    Denise Handlonposted 5 years ago

cardelean just found that someone by the name of scorpian360 (appropriately named) from flixya.com was pirating multiple hubs from the featured hub page and claiming it as his/her own.  She notified HP team and the other hubbers about this.

She discoverred it by googling her title.