jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

Latest hubs feed question

1. Greg Sage profile image61
    Greg Sageposted 5 years ago

Yesterday, I wrote a hub, and looked for it under hubs>latest.

Although it was published 2 hours previous, I searched everything from latest (35 minutes or so) to back around 4 hours.

It was nowhere to be found.

Today, I published something a little over an hour ago, and I just looked at 36minutes to 3hour results, and again, no hub.

At first I just thought the times might not match... like maybe the newest that said 35 minutes was really an hour and a half, and if I waited, I'd see mine.

Is that it?  I went 4 hours back yesterday, and no 2hour old hub.

Am I missing something else?

Right now, my last one shows 73 minutes old, and I just searched back to almost 3 hours with no hit.

This is the fourth or so hub I've tried to search this way and been unable to find.

2. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

Hey Greg,

Hubs are not immediately inserted into the feed. It takes a while, like hours(I think) to be collected. This was noticed when there were a bunch of people doing hubs on "travel", so as to be part of the HubTrail group of hubbers, who wanted to network based on travel topics.

3. Greg Sage profile image61

That was my first guess, but when it was more than a couple hours out the other day, and feed claimed to be showing 35minute old results, I started doubting it.

Now, for all I know, those other results were really 3 hours old and just showing as 35 minutes...

4. Greg Sage profile image61

I see it finally...

batch dumped and 71 deep... placing it on page 8 of results.

5. JamaGenee profile image88
    JamaGeneeposted 5 years ago

Greg, as already mentioned, new hubs won't show up immediately in "Latest Hubs".  I've noticed there are certain days/times of day that so many hubs are being published (or even edited/updated) that HP's system "chokes". However, if yours is in the buffer it WILL, as you've learned, show up eventually.  21st century technology has spoiled us for having our thoughts appear in cyberspace immediately after hitting Publish/Submit/Send.

At the risk of sounding ancient but having grown up in an age where snail-mail was the ONLY mail and even talking to anyone in the next county required the assistance of a long-distance operator, I'm compelled to remind you that patience is STILL a virtue. smile

6. Greg Sage profile image61

Not disagreeing, and I knew it would show up eventually.

What I'm wondering about is if there's any patterns I should be aware of.

For instance, the last one not appearing at all until it was already buried 8 pages deep resulted in... um... let's go with hundreds of hours of research, and countless hours of rewrites...

... to get 0 views.

Just wondering about "choke point" patterns.

1. JamaGenee profile image88
      JamaGeneeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I believe this is the point at which an HP techie should weigh in.  Hello???  Anybody out there??? smile