jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Selling Items Online...

1. blogging2 profile image76
    blogging2posted 8 years ago

OK, here is the deal.  I have a 2 year old who loves to collect seashells.  Usually Coquina's (the little ones).  I use them for education sorting, counting, colors, etc.  Now I would love to find a way to make some money off all these things I have laying around!

Does anyone have any suggestions other than EBay or Amazon for selling craft type stuff?

As always thanks for any tips!

1. 0
      Anitha1978posted 8 years ago in reply to this

How about Craiglist? have you thought about finding interested collecters there?

2. 0
      terrygposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Well, you could start a blog and advertise what you have for sale. One way to attract the right crowd to your blog would be to participate in EntreCard where you will get targeted visitors.

I use Entrecard and have the toolbar installed on my FF browser. I have visited sites by category and have actually made purchases solely from visiting those sites through EntreCard.

By the way, EntreCard is not an affilaite site at all, its just a vehicle to view sites, similar to stumble upon but better.

2. Marisa Wright profile image93
    Marisa Wrightposted 8 years ago

You could start a Wordpress blog (I mean a Wordpress.org blog, not a free Wordpress.com one).  That requires a small investment - you'd have to buy a domain name and get hosting - but Wordpress has lots of themes and plugins, including some that enable you to set up a shop, which is what you want.   It doesn' t require a lot of IT knowledge to do, either.

3. shawna.wilson profile image91
    shawna.wilsonposted 8 years ago

Check out Etsy.com.  It's a site for selling handmade items and crafts.

4. blogging2 profile image76
    blogging2posted 8 years ago

Thanks for all the tips!  I really apprechiate them and will definately look at them!