jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Freelance writing

1. mareezy13 profile image59
    mareezy13posted 5 years ago

How do you know when it's the right time to attempt freelance article writing?

1. Rochelle Frank profile image89
      Rochelle Frankposted 5 years ago in reply to this

When the moon is  in the seventh house and Jupiter aligns with Mars ...  but actually, I don't think it has anything to do with a "right time".
      As with many things, you learn by doing. If you start now, you will be on your way to learning how to improve, if you wait for a certain time, it will just  take longer. smile

2. mareezy13 profile image59
    mareezy13posted 5 years ago

Thank you for the advice.  I am going to do some more research so I know what I am getting into.  I guess I just don't really know how to get started, where to go, good places to look, etc.

3. earner profile image85
    earnerposted 5 years ago

The right time is when you can actually be bothered.  Remember, your first pieces don't have to win Author of the Year Awards .... just write stuff and see how it looks, how did you feel about it .... and then write more.

Then you get in the zone and can't stop.

1. carol3san profile image59
      carol3sanposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I've been toying with the idea of freelance writing myself, but I am writing on hubpages to get the feel of freelanc writing.  I have only posted 2 articles here on hubpages.  Hopefully in a few short months I will be better in this job.