jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

I'd like to know where I stand, and how to get better.

1. Bukarella profile image83
    Bukarellaposted 5 years ago

I really would like to turn my hubs into something that supports me, and provides significant income every month. I Hub about things I know, and I am not afraid of writing (34 hubs in less than 3 weeks).

I have a little over 1000 visits, but only about 60 visits a day (on average), 34 hubs and $1.00 after 3 weeks of hubbing.
    I really would like to bring it up a notch. My next goal is to get it up to $1.00 a day (then $10.00 a day, then $100 a day, etc.).

I really think the titles of my Hubs are good. Most of my topics are always current (dogs, education, cooking). I have used Google Keywords Tool for most of my articles in order to find high-search words and added them into tags. However, my Google traffic is still pretty low (only 8 out of 1041 visits, Facebook and Twitter are not much better, and about 40 visits from StumbleUpon). Also, the hubs I wrote in the beginning (most of them) are sitting unread after just a few days of posting them.

What should I do next? How do I get Google to bring people over?
    Can someone please help me assess where I stand and guide me on how to achieve my next goal ($1.00 per day)?

Thanks a bunch! I know that answering such questions takes time, and I am super appreciate of whomever takes the said time. It won't be wasted! I'm a good student. smile

1. danfresnourban profile image80
      danfresnourbanposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Please consider the source, I am far from an expert on Hub Pages. I have been here about 7 days. With that being said, I have earned $5 bucks on Hub Page's program alone. I have not sorted out Adsense revenue because I did not assign a separate channel. I do know that social network back links can help. You have a good author rating, so I assume you have high article ratings. (Sorry I did not review them before attempting to answer, if they average less than 70, that could be contributing to your problem)

I suspect that your biggest hurdle has already been suggested here by @MelissaBarrett those key words are competitive and do not pay very much. Check to see your traffic sources, if Google is not a significant source then your not ranking. I have 12 hubs and I average 175 page views a day, or more than 11.5 views per hub, per day. Compare that ratio with your own. With three weeks under your belt and 35 hubs, I think you should shoot for 15 pageviews per hub, per day average.

Since I am so new, I would appreciate other, experienced Hubbers' input. Thanks

2. MelissaBarrett profile image60
    MelissaBarrettposted 5 years ago

Gardening and Dog Training are extremely competitive keywords.  Extremely.  Google hits are going to be few and far between without a ton of backlinking and some very very good luck. 

Here's my guess (I'm still working on this) 1st-Download a program called Market Samurai (Free trial).  2. Follow their keyword suggestions for more narrow keywords.  3. Write a hub where the URL and Title contain your keyword.  4. Write a summary that includes your keyword. 5. Find a related but different keyword, go to another writing site and write an article using steps 1-5. 6. Somehow work your original articles keyword SMOOTHLY into the text of the second article. 7. Hyperlink first article to that keyword (anchor text) in article.  8. Repeat Process.... A lot.

3. psycheskinner profile image80
    psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago

If you want to make a living  I would suggest you would look at posting more like 5 or more hubs per full time day.  Then put up more variations of your best earning hubs.  The odds are, a full time income will require mid-hundreds to thousands of hubs depending on quality and what you consider a living wage. Just my 2c.

Bukarellaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

thank you both for your replies. I would like to be able to make 1K-2K  per month with hubbing. I will be more careful with keywords, title and summary combination. I think I'll take a weekend to tune up existing hubs. I'll try to build up a momentum to 5 hubs per day.

4. psycheskinner profile image80
    psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago

It can help if you cross-research hubs on linked topics at the same time. Best of luck.

Bukarellaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

thanks for your input. About half of my hubs have rating over 75, and the rating of the hubs is growing with each passing day. However, I have very little traffic coming from Google, and this is what I would like to work on, so I'm soaking up all the advice I can get. I receive about 1/3 of the visits compared to your numbers, despite having three times as many hubs! Looks to me as if you are doing very well! smile

1. danfresnourban profile image80
        danfresnourbanposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks, lets hope we all do well, one of the best things about HP is that everyone benefits when another high quality hub is posted and receives a lot of traffic. Search engines gives us all a little more credibility.

And thanks, you reminded me to check and see where the traffic is coming from, thanks.