jump to last post 1-16 of 16 discussions (26 posts)

New Notifications Features

1. Ari Lamstein profile image77
    Ari Lamsteinposted 5 years ago

Today I am happy to announce a few new features in how HubPages handles Notifications.  These changes are designed to improve the experience of all users on Hubpages.
      * All new notifications settings are now handled from the email settings page.
      * You can determine the behavior that HubPages takes when you new content is created on Hubs that you follow, Questions that you follow, and Forum topics that you follow.
      * Currently we do our best to determine when you should be contacted about new content (such as a new comment on a Hub, a new Answer to a question, or a new Post to a forum topic).  This is the "auto" choice.  You can also choose to be always, or never, notified of new content.
      * Today we are also unveiling a new feature: the Notifications Digest.  The digest will be sent out once a day, and will include a summary of all of your notifications for the day in one email.
      * Lastly, we are releasing a "Vacation" setting.  If you select this, then HubPages will not send you any notification emails until you uncheck the box.

We hope that you enjoy these new features!

1. sarovai profile image62
      sarovaiposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Good. I Welcome this new features.

2. Bendo13 profile image85
      Bendo13posted 5 years ago in reply to this

I keep getting emails I don't want even though I set it to never email me about them.

And now it won't let me go edit my settings.
      I tried on IE9 and Firefox and it just shows me the gray background after I put in my secret answer.

I'm sure this will be buggy at first but it doesn't work for me at all.
      Sends me stuff I told it not to... for the past two days.
      And I can't even go in and edit it now.

3. sarovai profile image62
      sarovaiposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thank u for the continual improvements in hubpages. Credit goes to one and all in the hubpages team.

2. Aficionada profile image93
    Aficionadaposted 5 years ago

Well done, Ari!  This is amazing, and I hope it works exactly as promised.  I'm looking forward to trying it out right away.

3. Gordon Hamilton profile image95
    Gordon Hamiltonposted 5 years ago

I just received one of these e-mails and wondered what it was all about. Glad this post was here. Thanks for the quick update and it sounds like a great system.

4. Simone Smith profile image92
    Simone Smithposted 5 years ago

I'm such a huge fan of this update.  Thanks a ton Ari!  It's awesome!!!

5. Peggy W profile image87
    Peggy Wposted 5 years ago

Will go and check my email right now.  The vacation feature is an especially good idea!

6. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image94
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 5 years ago

Very nice!

7. tilinaoita profile image60
    tilinaoitaposted 5 years ago

very well done Ari.

8. FloraBreenRobison profile image60
    FloraBreenRobisonposted 5 years ago

I love the idea of a way to stop notifications during a vacation. Not that I have any money for vacations.  But there are times when I'm involved in a festival where I'm ther efor several days all day and night and I  have no time for checking email.  That would certainly help if I could do this was everyone

9. RedElf profile image85
    RedElfposted 5 years ago

Love the vacation feature, and digest is always a good thing big_smilebig_smile

10. K9keystrokes profile image91
    K9keystrokesposted 5 years ago

Ari, outstanding update. It seems you have thought of most everything-- the vacation feature is brilliant. Thanks for your hard work.

11. celebritie profile image75
    celebritieposted 5 years ago

Great Idea, Thanks!

12. Aficionada profile image93
    Aficionadaposted 5 years ago

Ari, are the E-mail settings and Digest settings paired in a specific way?  I wanted to leave Digest set to "Always" and E-mail to "Never," but after I saved the changes, all of the E-mail buttons showed up as "Auto."  Is that supposed to happen?  (I tried it a couple of different ways with the same result.)

Ari Lamsteinposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Aficionada,

I am not sure why you were unable to make this change, but I have gone ahead and made it for you.  Can you take a look at your new settings and confirm that they are now set up to achieve what you want?

Ari

1. Aficionada profile image93
        Aficionadaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I just now checked, and it looks perfect!  Thank you.

I think maybe my browser was just tired.  Working too hard or something.

2. Karanda profile image85
        Karandaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I'm having the same problem Ari. It would be great to get a digest rather than individual e-mails but when I change and save the settings it reverts back to auto on the e-mail buttons.

Ari Lamsteinposted 5 years ago in reply to this

What browser and version are you using?

Also, what operating system and version are you using?

1. Karanda profile image85
            Karandaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Internet Explorer 9 with Windows 7.

13. Rosie2010 profile image83
    Rosie2010posted 5 years ago

Ari, I just got an email notification digest today, and I thought it was awesome.  I love it!  Thanks

1. FloraBreenRobison profile image60
      FloraBreenRobisonposted 5 years ago in reply to this

so did I!  Love it

1. cardelean profile image89
        cardeleanposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Ditto!

14. Just Ask Susan profile image86
    Just Ask Susanposted 5 years ago

I just received mine. This is awesome, thanks so much!

15. Rafini profile image85
    Rafiniposted 5 years ago

I'll have to try this - thanks for letting us know.

16. ferris102 profile image61
    ferris102posted 5 years ago

thanks.. awesome to know.. great job guys!

working