jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Amazon Associates Program

1. profile image0
    Arlene V. Pomaposted 5 years ago

I live in California and just got an email from Amazon.com which (as I understand) will terminate all California Hubbers who are enrolled in the Amazon Associates Program if Jerry Brown signs off on the state budget.  This new budget would okay the "Amazon tax".  Meaning all Californians would now have to pay taxes on online products. 

I am new to Hubpages and would like to know the effect it would have on us California Hubbers and our ability to earn through Hubpages once Amazon pulls out and deletes the Amazon Associates Program.  I was just getting used to using the program, and I am truly disappointed.  Thanks.

2. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago

You will presumably stop using Amazon modules and remove those you have.  That's about it.

3. Cagsil profile image58
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago
  4. profile image0
    Arlene V. Pomaposted 5 years ago

Cagsil, thanks for sending me in the right direction. With my lack of computer skills, I was so proud of myself for setting up my Amazon Associates Program all by myself.  I suppose this was the highlight of signing up. 

Win some, lose some.  Nothing gets in the way of my writing.

1. Cagsil profile image58
      Cagsilposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You're welcome.

But, I wouldn't call it the right direction. lol I only provided you with a link to another forum thread discussing the topic of California's laws and Amazon.

Btw- Welcome to Hubpages! smile

1. profile image0
        Arlene V. Pomaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Oh, well.  It's nice to know I'm not the only one "blessed" with this email!

Hardy har har.

working