jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

So what are us Californians going to do with our Amazon capsules?

1. Dorsi profile image90
    Dorsiposted 5 years ago

Now that the word is official that us Californians got the Amazon axe, what do YOU plan to do with your Amazon capsules?

As for me, I'm going to replace alot of them with EBay related products. If I'm not getting any money for the referrals it does not make financial sense to keep it on my hubs.

I didn't make alot on Amazon, maybe a few hundred over the course of the last few years, but it was nice to get those gift cards. I liked getting my grandkids special things and loved using the credits for books and such.

For those of you that depended on Amazon for most of your income, I'm truly sorry because that sucks.

1. Lisa HW profile image83
      Lisa HWposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It does stink for the people affected (for now, it's not my state).  It's crummy to know that yet more people will have yet more income reduced/wiped out (and this one can't be fixed by simply moving writing).

I don't know...  I'm sorry to know it's happened for so many people too.

2. Miss Mellie profile image92
      Miss Mellieposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Wouldn't the nexus law that impacted Amazon, Overstock et al., also impact ebay affiliate marketing as well? If you replace Amazon capsules with ebay capsules, wouldn't you just end up in the same situation? Or is the tax relationship with ebay somehow different?

1. sunforged profile image64
        sunforgedposted 5 years ago in reply to this

no - ebay doesnt reward you for direct sales.

Probably for this very reason.

2. Greek One profile image79
    Greek Oneposted 5 years ago

Wouldn't a solution be to keep the same Hubs and Amazon adds, and just change the code on the referral tracker to that belonging to a non-resident? 

When the money is paid out, one Hubber would just have to send the funds via paypal.

I know that I would let my code by used for a very tiny percentage of the sales.

3. CMHypno profile image89
    CMHypnoposted 5 years ago

Is it going to end up in the ridiculous situation that only us foreigners can make money from US Amazon?

Sorry to all you Californian hubbers, especially if Amazon represented a large part of your income.

4. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image95
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 5 years ago

I think that the statement from amazon.com yesterday showed that they intended to fight this thing, so keep your chins up for the time being.  I'm not sure that it's over.

5. bgamall profile image86
    bgamallposted 5 years ago

Just get an address in Nevada. How about the courthouse on court street. Or maybe the National Bowling Center?

working