jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (13 posts)

Do I need permission to link another hub to my hub?

1. Angelique Newman profile image59
    Angelique Newmanposted 5 years ago

I'm currently writing a hub and would like to link it to a few other hubs that pertain to my article.  Do I need permission from the author?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks smile

1. hotwebideas profile image82
      hotwebideasposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You're fine. Link to my hubs if you want. LOL Just kidding. There is no rule for that. That is what HubKarma was about.

1. Cagsil profile image60
        Cagsilposted 5 years ago in reply to this

HubKarma in and of itself is only for an ego boost of the writer, if they need one. Otherwise, it's meaningless.

1. hotwebideas profile image82
          hotwebideasposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Cagsil, agreed.

2. Marisa Wright profile image95
      Marisa Wrightposted 5 years ago in reply to this

If you link to another Hub or website, you're doing the writer of that Hub or website a big favour, so there's no need to ask permission.

When deciding whether to include a Hub or website in their search engine results, Google looks at how many links there are to that Hub/site around the internet.  So no educated Hubber or webmaster would ever refuse a link!

You can write to ask the Hubber or website owner if you like - but most internet-savvy Hubbers would wonder why on earth you were asking.  If I got an email like that, I would think you were fishing for a thankyou or for me to give you a link in return.

2. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

Nope! smile

But, as a member HP's community, I have always made my business to ask the individual if they minded. Courtesy more than anything else.

1. pedrn44 profile image85
      pedrn44posted 5 years ago in reply to this

If the hub I'm interested in linking to does not come up with the link suggestion tool how do I create that link in a sentence? Thanks:)

By editing the text capsule, dragging the mouse over a keyword that is relevant to both(your hub and hub you're linking to), then clicking on the "chain-link" icon above(next to the broken chain-link) and inserting in the hub's URL, and click save.

Then click save on the text capsule.

3. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago

People like to be linked it.  Generally I just go ahead and do it.

4. Angelique Newman profile image59
    Angelique Newmanposted 5 years ago

I asked if I could link my hub to their site and noted they haven't posted anything in several months, I was concerned I may have to wait until they returned.

Thanks for replying so quickly.  It's much appreciated it smile

Are you talking about linking outside of HP? If so, then you don't need anyone's permission to link to the site.

My post was referencing linking to other people's hubs. Some hubbers are picky about linking, because they would like to ensure that quality links are coming in to their writing.

1. Angelique Newman profile image59
        Angelique Newmanposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I was referring to linking to other hubbers.  You have a good point, I understand they may want to check the article out before linking to it.  Thanks.

5. sofs profile image87
    sofsposted 5 years ago

Angelique, I guess you are doing the hubber you are linking to a favor by sending them  some of your traffic .. well link your heart out and send them a line as courtesy smile

working