jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (8 posts)

address/url of a hub page

1. clarkw profile image60
    clarkwposted 6 years ago

Hi,
    What exactly does someone type in to get to a hubpage?  Is it http://hubpages.com/hub/hub-page-name?  When I do that I expect to see something like a blog without all of the sign-in stuff etc.  What do I tell people to type in to get to my hub page?
    Thanks,
    clarkw

2. Cagsil profile image61
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Interesting question. I'm not surprised by the lack of interest from others in answering it.

If you want people to read your hub, then you give them the link you created.

The example below IS your hub that you've written.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Making-Bread-At-Home

clarkwposted 6 years ago in reply to this

correct, but is that what the casual observer will see?  It looks like this and NOT some slick blog or website page?

1. Cagsil profile image61
        Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

When people click the link you give them, then they will see how ever you set up the page to look. The link will be the same.

A Hub page is just like traveling to a website, except for that the Hub is a single page.

so I can change or get rid of the heading information like you see at the top of this page... hubpages, home, topics, and the rest of the stuff where a blog headear banner would appear?

No. The stuff at the top of the page remains. And, if it is on HP's 40% of the impressions, then there will be a banner ad at the top of the page, below the HP display.

Thank You Cagsil - "what you see is what you get" - whether I am getting into my account to create another hub or I've clicked on a link and am visiting someone else's hub...
              Thanks Again,
              clarkw

Be careful with the "what you see is what you get" ideology. Again, when you are logged into your account, you will not see specific types of ads HP puts on your hub, during their 40% of the impressions.

If you would like to see what your hub truly looks like, then sign out of your account and travel to the hub. wink

Btw- Welcome to Hubpages and You're welcome. smile

working