jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Amazon Ads

1. 0
    Amie Warrenposted 5 years ago

I'm sorry, but I can't find this anywhere. How many Amazon ads are allowed per hub? Is there a total limit we are allowed to have for all hubs? Thanks.

1. Eleanor's Words profile image84
      Eleanor's Wordsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Any amount, but you now have to have 50 words per amazon product advertised.

2. Randy Godwin profile image93
      Randy Godwinposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I believe you cannot exceed the 1 ad per 50 words rule on a hub.  smile

2. Marisa Wright profile image92
    Marisa Wrightposted 5 years ago

Eleanor and Randy are right, however I wouldn't be writing any new Hubs right now to sell Amazon.

There's a thread about this in the Official section of the forums but here are the facts:

- Amazon has just terminated its affiliate program in California.  HubPages is based in California, which means HubPages can no longer hold an affiliate account with Amazon.

- Hubbers can still sell Amazon products on their own Hubs, but now HubPages can't take a share. 

- It would be crazy for HubPages to offer advertising they can't make money from, so it's highly likely they will remove all Amazon capsules.

HubPages says it is "talking to" Amazon, but some of us may remember when eBay and Google changed their rules - in both cases, HubPages said they were "talking to" them, and in both cases, they were unable to win any concessions.

I can't see any hope in this case either, because it's not under Amazon's control - it's the Californian government that has made the decision.

I've seen some people suggest that schemes like Viglinks or Skimlinks - where you're not a direct affiliate - may be a solution.  However, I don't think that's allowed.   At one time, Viglink was promoting itself as a solution for affected States, but they had to pull that advertising after receiving advice that it wasn't legal.

1. 0
      Amie Warrenposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I did not even think about this! This is horrible for HubPages! I really can't see what they can do except move and re-incorporate in another state. I think California has always been crazy, but now they are totally insane. WAIT!!! Does that affect Google too?  Isn't Google in California? So all the money I'm making from Amazon on Blogger could disappear as well?