jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (15 posts)

Wheres the traffic/earnings?

1. nate5050 profile image59
    nate5050posted 5 years ago

I have 90 articles on 3 accounts. I went from earning $7-$10 per day last month to just pennies per day since the start of this month. I'm hoping its due to the holiday weekend, but wow what a drop  off. Has this happened to anyone else? Was there another update or something?

2. CyclingFitness profile image91
    CyclingFitnessposted 5 years ago

Has this come through losing hp ads revenue? adsense? or amazon?

1. nate5050 profile image59
      nate5050posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Just Adsense. I dont use amazon or the hp ad program.

3. psycheskinner profile image80
    psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago

Has you $PM changed?
    Is it good?
    If not, maybe tried Hubads.

4. CyclingFitness profile image91

I've had issues recently with my adsense too

Despite knowingly getting ad clicks (friends have told me they clicked on the ads) i'm not seeing clicks on my adsense reports

1. CASE1WORKER profile image85
      CASE1WORKERposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It is not a good idea for friends to click on your ads unless they are genuinely interested in making a purchase- google can detect click patterns which could lead to you losing your google adsense account. Once lost it never returns.

1. Mark Ewbie profile image82
        Mark Ewbieposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yes, agreed.  That's why I would never tell friends about my writing accounts in case they tried to 'help' me, and on the very rare occasion I have told someone to look at something I have gone on and on about do NOT click on the ads.

5. CyclingFitness profile image91

I have to admit I've only had clicks as a few friends have looked at articles I've put on my facebook and they've looked at ad links from there- for instance I posted a hub on the English Peak District cycling and the 'friend' subsequently clicked on google ads for Peak District accomodation offers

It's definitely not something i've personally encouraged

1. SimeyC profile image90
      SimeyCposted 5 years ago in reply to this

This does bring up a concern - Google want us to socially share sites to get decent ranking - however, the people we socially share with are our friends - so we could end up losing Google Adsense accounts simply because we did what Google want us to do!

6. CyclingFitness profile image91

Certainly so

Many people (and hubpages) go on about the use of social media to increase viewers however what CASE1WORKER and Mark Ewbie have said goes against this

I can see logic in what has been said on both counts unfortunately

As I write mainly on cycling and sports I use my facebook as I am fortunate enough to have a number of very high people in the cycling world on there- including athletes currently participating in the Tour De France so I like the idea of using facebook as a means of getting to and gaining opinion from the people I am specifically targeting and surely the google ads on the pages should entice the viewer to click on them if correlated well.

Is it therefore worthwhile to stop using facebook, twitter and social bookmarking sites where you have 'friends'?

1. Mark Ewbie profile image82
      Mark Ewbieposted 5 years ago in reply to this

By 'friends' I meant real world friends - work colleagues - physical people that you know.  I don't have much of a view on Facebook friends.  The problem comes if someone thinks they are helping you by clicking your ads for no other reason than to click them.  If their pattern of interest is reasonable then I shouldn't think there is a problem.

We are not allowed to discuss CTR I think, but that which can't be discussed, should stay in line with the norm.

7. GoingOnline profile image59
    GoingOnlineposted 5 years ago

Bascially if somebody clicks on your ad, hits the back button, clicks on the second ad, hits the back button, etc... trying to do you a favour Google is going to flip.

If your friend clicks on an ad and buys a product Google will love your friend because the advertiser will keep advertising.

8. CyclingFitness profile image91

Thanks for the feedback on that Mark and Goingonline

I do agree that Facebook Friends are somewhat different to real world friends.

No one has anything to gain by ad click- back button- ad click- back button shannigans

9. kmackey32 profile image81
    kmackey32posted 5 years ago

My traffic is also waaaay down...

10. psycheskinner profile image80
    psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago

There is nothing at all wrong with promoting the page.  You just have to avoid promoting clicking on the ads per se.

working