jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (5 posts)

hub has wrong URL

1. codyman4 profile image60
    codyman4posted 6 years ago

One of my hubs somehow has the same URL as another one of my hubs.  The second hub's URL does not even match the hub content.  How do I change the URL so that it matches the hub content and does not have another hub address?

1. Aficionada profile image93
      Aficionadaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

For two different Hubs to have the exact same URL sounds (to me) to be impossible, which would mean that it is a glitch of some kind.  I'm hoping an engineer will see this thread and comment.

But, if the URL's are not exactly the same but too close for comfort (one letter different, for example), and assuming you want to change one of them (the non-matching one), the only thing you can do is to delete one of them and start again from scratch. 

First, though, copy the content (for example into a .txt or other word-processing file); and keep a record of pictures, videos, and other capsules you used, to make it easier to construct the new Hub.

2. Jason Menayan profile image60
      Jason Menayanposted 6 years ago in reply to this

codyman4: I don't know which Hubs you're talking about, but I looked at your account and don't see any duplication. As Aficionada said, it is literally impossible for 2 Hubs to have the same URL.

1. Aficionada profile image93
        Aficionadaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I actually did find the two that codyman mentioned, but there was one word difference between them - easy to overlook in a hurry.

And codyman was correct in saying that the URL for one of them is not related to it at all.  It's a bit bizarre that that happened (since s/he would have created the URL in the first place), but somehow it did.  So, I would repeat my previous suggestion to delete the affected Hub and start over. smile

1. Jason Menayan profile image60
          Jason Menayanposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yes, that would be my suggestion, too. smile

working