Share and Share a Like Official Contest Thread (GRAND PRIZE ANNOUNCED)

Jump to Last Post 101-150 of 164 discussions (384 posts)
  1. Simone Smith profile image88
    Simone Smithposted 12 years ago

Another contest day, another Daily Drawing winner!

Today, it's Greensleeves Hubs for a great Hub on the color red.  I recommend checking it out. There's much more to the color than you'd imagine!

Don't forget to vote for your favorite Hub in this week's Fan Faves round!

1. Gordon Hamilton profile image92
      Gordon Hamiltonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations, Greensleeves but I can't get the link to work, Simone.  I get a strange box opening when I click on it and then when I try to cancel, I am diverted to a page telling me that my authorization has been denied and I am diverted away from Hub Pages...

1. akirchner profile image93
        akirchnerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Me, too, Gordon - it's not just you~! It's like a sign-in for a domain...which I tried by the way (mine) - and I am obviously not master of my own domain~

It'll probably get fixed soon~!!!

2. Simone Smith profile image88
        Simone Smithposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yup! I totally dropped a mussed up link in there. But now it's fixed! Thanks for pointing that out big_smile

2. K9keystrokes profile image84
      K9keystrokesposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Congrats!

2. akirchner profile image93
    akirchnerposted 12 years ago

BTW - Congrats, Greensleeves~!

3. Chaya Parmessur profile image70
    Chaya Parmessurposted 12 years ago

Simone,

Some of my friends are having problems voting.  When they try to vote for the first time, they are told they have already voted but the vote count does not go up! Some people are giving up.  Do you know the problem?
    Thanks

Chaya

Hi Chaya! We've tested it out and it seems to be working OK.  Your Hub is currently in the lead and is listed as having 20 votes.  Does that seem about right? Your friends might be seeing a lag with their votes being counted- do you know what browser they are using?

1. Chaya Parmessur profile image70
        Chaya Parmessurposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hi Simone! Some people using safari have had problems, but I can't see who voted.  I know Alan MacDonald from Australia said he tried but did not manage.  It could be that several FB friends were trying to vote at the same time maybe.
        Thanks for looking into it. This contest is tough and close!

2. Denise Handlon profile image85
        Denise Handlonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hi Simone, Likewise I have had family members complaining of the same thing-thought they had voted but the number never changed. sad

I'm actually trying to contact as many people as possible to request they check if it went thru- a major inconvenience.  Plus, I noticed that yesterday when my nephew went to vote after someone else used my lap top to vote it rejected him stating that he had already voted????  That is so weird.  But, he was able to do this today.

This might be an issue with IP addresses then- that might be what Offerpop, the voting platform we're using, is using to verify addresses since otherwise people might cheat by creating multiple Facebook accounts and voting for the same thing through them.  I'm so sorry about this- I'll ask our contact at Offerpop if there's any particular bug that has come up lately, or if there is anything in particular that is causing the problem.

4. cardelean profile image86
    cardeleanposted 12 years ago

Some of mine are having similar problems.  In addition if they use the same computer because they are in the same household but have different FB accounts, it is not letting them vote and is stating that they've already voted.  I'm all for the best hub winning but I know there were some voting issues last week too.  I just want all votes to be counted for all hubs!

Thanks for all of your hard work Simone!

1. Denise Handlon profile image85

smile

2. Simone Smith profile image88

hmmm. It must definitely be an IP address issue then. Let me see what we can do!

5. Denise Handlon profile image85
    Denise Handlonposted 12 years ago

Simone-heads up-I left you a comment under Chaya's response to your reply.  Just FYI so you don't miss it.  Thanks smile

6. Simone Smith profile image88

Hi everyone!

Today's Daily Drawing winner is gogogo for her Hub on Lake Tahoe summer activities.  It makes me want to go on vacation this very instant!

Thanks to those of you who have pointed out problems with Facebook voting- I'm asking our contact at Offerpop (the platform we're using for voting) to see if there's anything we can do to avoid these problems.

1. K9keystrokes profile image84

Congrats to gogogo!
      And thanks Simone for being on top of the voting trouble.
      Cheers~ cool

2. WannaB Writer profile image86
      WannaB Writerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I tried to vote late this afternoon using Safari, but did not see the number of  votes change. I refreshed just now and there still is no change. Should I try again with a different browser?

7. Johnathan L Groom profile image35
    Johnathan L Groomposted 12 years ago

hellsyeah- awesome job u guys!!!!
    -johnathan-

8. Chaya Parmessur profile image70
    Chaya Parmessurposted 12 years ago

Good luck to all the Fab 14 during the last few hours of voting.  Competition is tough and I have run out of FB friends!  All the hubs are great and we all deserve to win!
    A big thank you to all those hubbers who have voted for me!
    Cheers
    Chaya

Yes, Chaya-it has been a wild ride between the top three-you among them.  Good work.  smile

9. Simone Smith profile image88

To those of you who have had trouble voting / whose Friends/Family have been unable to vote: The way the voting page works is this: either votes are tracked through Assured Voting, which is contingent on Facebook ID, or they're tracked through your IP address.

Early in the contest, some Hubbers had complained about the Assured Voting feature, so I switched the contest pages to work only by IP address, which means that only one vote from each IP address may be cast to prevent cheating.

To solve the problem with friends/family members or coworkers from one office not being able to vote for the nominees, I've turned on Assured Voting again, so have a go!  You can read more about Assured Voting here.  When you vote, we will be asking to confirm your Facebook Identity. Please note that we won't use this information for any other purpose.

The Fan Faves round closes today at 4:00pm, so there should be plenty of time to notify those who were having trouble that the problem should be fixed.

Hope that helps!

1. Happyboomernurse profile image84
      Happyboomernurseposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Simone,
      Yes it helps. Appreciate all you did to get this going more smoothly.

2. cardelean profile image86
      cardeleanposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Ok, another problem that I have heard is not being able to vote using phones that have internet access.  I know specifically the Iphone.  Any ideas why?  Thanks!

10. Simone Smith profile image88

We have another Daily Drawing winner! 

It's NMLady for a Hub on Margaritas - just in time for Friday, eh?

The Tug of War winners will be finalized later this afternoon. Stay tuned!

1. cardelean profile image86

Seriously after this fan faves contest I will be reading, bookmarking and trying out the information in this hub immediately!  There is a bottle of Patron in the cupboard with my name on it! big_smile

Congrats NMLady!

11. akirchner profile image93

Congrats, Cardelean and Pam for making the Tug-of-War~!  Go girls~!

12. Happyboomernurse profile image84
    Happyboomernurseposted 12 years ago

The quality of the winning hubs are sterling and I wish you both good luck in the Tug of War. I predict it will be a close run! Best wishes. You're both already winners in my book.

1. WannaB Writer profile image86

I want to add my congratulations to the chorus. You are both deserving of the prize. They don't call the winner Social Champion for nothing. It's who rounds up the most votes that determines who wins. All the Fab 14 were great hubs.

13. cardelean profile image86
    cardeleanposted 12 years ago

Thanks ladies and everyone who voted.  It was a very tough and very close competition.

14. Simone Smith profile image88

Hey everyone! Make sure you vote in this week's Tug of War! It's neck and neck! https://www.facebook.com/Hubpages.com?s … 9431317646

The tug of war was a difficult choice, but I had to commit...great job to both writers! NO losers here!

Yeah, totally!

15. Simone Smith profile image88

It's time to announce the Daily Drawing winners from the weekend!

CWanamaker won for Day 26 of the contest for a Hub on choosing flood-free places to live and annmackiemiller won the Day 27 Daily Drawing prize for a vignette about a flower show that's really charming!.  Way to go, you two!

There is one more Daily Drawing winner form the contest, which is now closed to new entries, and I'll be announcing that this afternoon.

But in the meantime, congrats to Pamela99 for winning the (incredibly close) Tug of War for Week 3 of the contest!  This round was a real nail-biter, right down to the end! 

Tomorrow we'll be announcing the finalists for the final Fan Faves round.  Gosh, can you believe this contest is reaching its close? 

Keep in mind though... we've got our plumbing contest coming up pretty soon, so be sure to start putting together drafts! We've got a LOT of great prizes for that one!

1. Ms Dee profile image86
      Ms Deeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations to Pamela99 on this nail-biter!

I"ll say it was intense. That's what happens when two excellent hubs have to compete and both writer have lots of friends, and, I hope, lots of hubbers take the time to go and vote.

3. akirchner profile image93

Congrats to you, CWanamaker and Annemackiemiller for your wins~

4. cardelean profile image86

Congrats Pamela, it was a close one!  smile

5. profile image0
      annmackiemillerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

thank you so much for picking my hub for the daily draw - I am over the moon. x

6. K9keystrokes profile image84

Way to go Pam! Great hub and you had some very awesome competition in Cara! Well deserved! big_smile
      Cangrats to the daily drawing winners as well.

A pluming contest sounds fun! Can't wait to hear about the details Simone!

16. akirchner profile image93

Holy toledo and all that~! That was absolutely intense!

17. Simone Smith profile image88

Hey again!

Beverly Stevens is our final Daily Drawing winner for her Hub on social values!

Congrats Beverly!  And congrats again to all the other winners of the weekend!

Hooray, Beverly! Congrats!

18. akirchner profile image93

Congrats Beverly~

19. JillKostow profile image88
    JillKostowposted 12 years ago

I thought the deadline to enter was August 2nd, is the contest closed to new entries now or can you still enter until tomorrow?

My take on it is that you can still enter until tomorrow noon Pacific Time.

20. K9keystrokes profile image84
    K9keystrokesposted 12 years ago

Congrats Beverly!

21. diningdecor profile image61
    diningdecorposted 12 years ago

hello i am tracy .

22. LouiseAnnGonzaga profile image61
    LouiseAnnGonzagaposted 12 years ago

Nice job.. great man..! smile

23. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 12 years ago

Congratulations to ALL Winners!

Fantastic work Pamela! smile big_smile

24. SimeyC profile image88
    SimeyCposted 12 years ago

What happens to all the $25 that weren't awarded due to hubs not getting the 25 votes? If it's a problem I'm willing to accept them so that the Hubpages headquarters doesn't get jam packed with money!

lol  lol  lol  I can help too!

25. akirchner profile image93

Count me in, too~! Griffin needs a new set of glasses~

26. Robin profile image87
    Robinposted 12 years ago

Announcing the final week of Weekly Fan Faves!  Check out our Forum post to see whose Hubs are entered into this week's contest! 

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/79579#post1730958

Thank you Robin! A nice selections here, and I am flattered you included my hub. Good luck everyone! lol

1. Wayne Tully profile image65
        Wayne Tullyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Boo yacka and I'll be ready to get the votes this time...lol!
        Well done everyone...!!!

Oh man, Wayne...if you're in this contest I have no chance at a win! Good Luck Buddy~ wink

When I went to HubPages to see the Fan Faves, there was no link except to last week's Tug of War. I did refresh after following the link on the announcement page with the links to the chosen hubs, but couldn't get to the voting pages.

I meant to say I followed the link to HubPages on Facebook.

Link goes to Fan Faves now, but the site sure is slow. Maybe it's my browser, but at this rate I'll be lucky if I can read all 14 by midnight.

Sorry that it was loading slow! Is it still a problem? Robin's post shares links to all the nominees if you'd like to visit them directly: http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/79579

I gave up last night, but access is much easier today. Got two more read today. Then I'll have to decide who to vote for -- always a tough decision.

27. JillKostow profile image88

I am unable to access the fanfaves page through facebook.  Also my mother pointed out that she could not vote without clicking the "like" button, and it also asked for her to share her basic information.  I thought I read in previous posts that this was not neccessary....can you please clarify this for me, some of my facebook friends do not wish to share their information.

Hi Jill!  We've enabled Assured Voting for this round because with that turned off, only one person can vote for each IP, which was stopping folks from one household/business to vote for their friends. 
      With Assured Voting, the Offerpop asks voters to accept the app, which accesses basic information, but it is only used for this one voting purpose and nothing else. They can always get rid of the app right after voting. 
      Are there any other things that are impeding you access to the page? I want to make sure that everything works OK!

1. JillKostow profile image88
        JillKostowposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for clarifying Simone...some of my friends and family do not like to allow access to their info, but they may be ok with it if they can delete the app after voting.  Thanks

2. K9keystrokes profile image84

Gotta tell ya Simone, the voting is MUCH easier now!  Thank you so much for working things out.
        big_smile

For some reason, I can't access the voting from my laptop. I click on Fan Faves, I get to the offerpop page, and when I click on "view entries" and then on one of the pictures of a hub I haven't read yet, it brings me right back to the view entries page. I've been around this circle several times. I have not yet voted. I don't know whether it's just this computer or not, since the one that worked for me is the other one at home. This is the computer I'll have for the weekend voting, though, so I hope it will work for the tug of war.

I didn't have any of these problems for the other three weeks. Am I the only one?

28. Happyboomernurse profile image84
    Happyboomernurseposted 12 years ago

Am happy to be nominated for the final round and want to wish the other contestants good luck.

smile  Good luck to you Gail.

Thanks Denise.

29. Just Ask Susan profile image88
    Just Ask Susanposted 12 years ago

Good luck EVERYONE!!!

Thanks.

30. K9keystrokes profile image84
    K9keystrokesposted 12 years ago

Best wishes to all of the fan faves contenders! A formidable group to say the least!cool

31. Alex Simring profile image61
    Alex Simringposted 12 years ago

Good luck to all the contestants!

32. hannahbordex profile image58
    hannahbordexposted 12 years ago

Thumbs up for the winners!cheeeerssss...

33. akirchner profile image93

Good luck to everyone and to all a good night~  See ya on the flip side....I'm with Barbara - tough choices always to pick just one!!

I guess I'm a bit shocked that with so many hubbers, how few care enough to go and vote for all those who worked hard on some great hubs. They all deserve to win, but at the rate the voting is going now, most won't even get the 25 votes they need to get their $25. Every one of us should go and vote for our favorite. I've voted. Have all of you?

I agree and have thought that same thing throughout each round of the competition.

1. SimeyC profile image88
          SimeyCposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'd be interested to see the number of votes on Facebook compared to the number of votes in the last competition!

Personally I'm not a fan of FB and I guess that there's a lot of hubbers who feel the same!

I also think that Hubpages should retrospectively give the $25 to all winners!

1. Gordon Hamilton profile image92
            Gordon Hamiltonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

As a finalist this week I maybe shouldn't be replying to this thread but given that I am going to represent both sides, I hope I will be forgiven! smile

I am in no doubt that the reason why HP chose this competition format is due to the incredible power of Facebook and other social networking sites for promoting pages and thus generating revenue for writers and publishers alike. In theory, all win - it does make absolute sense if you think about it. Should any one of the contest pages go viral, there will be huge benefits all round. I see the point and benefits absolutely.

The biggest negative I have found (not just this week!) is that people believe they have voted when they haven't. They are thinking that they only go to the contest page, click on vote and: voila - job done. I haven't the heart to go back and tell them that their vote hasn't been counted because they need to follow through on the next page.

I have no doubt that there will be technical procedures and monitors in place to allow Hub Pages to assess the value or otherwise of this contest and that future contests will reflect the findings. Don't be too critical, long term Hubbers - it's been difficult and trying times for us all...

2. Denise Handlon profile image85

Wannabwriter-as a recent fan fave nominee, I agree with you completely.  It is a shame, but involvement or lack of isn't just in voting for this contest, but for the weekly hubnugget nominees.  For me, being in 'community' means participating. 

@Gordon Hamilton--I understand that dilemma.  I faced that situation last week and thought there has to be a simpler process.  I actually did go back and contacted everyone to explain that unless they saw that number roll up on the fan faves page then it did not register.  Some, but not all did go back and re vote.  Others did not and I am positive that I annoyed the HECK out of more than one person as I encouraged the voting throughout the week.  (oh...just to clarify here, I was actually promoting someone else's hub, not my own, lol  )    Anyway-you aren't alone in your feelings about this.

34. soni2006 profile image76
    soni2006posted 12 years ago

Best of luck to everyone.

Though I was not able to win a single daily draw this time, but I was able to acquire 5 offer letters for my new job change, but I will still try my level best to win a few draws in the AUGUST contest - I think it has been officially named as Clogs to Coins Contest and is focused on HP's Plumbing category.

smile  Good for you!

35. akirchner profile image93

Good going, there SONI~!  Pass some of those on to me, would ya?  ha ha - I'm always looking~ Good luck in the plumbing contest, too - I'm researching it and trying to figure out what project I can accomplish at the same time~

As to the voting, I've voted in every round and had all my family vote even if I wasn't in it...just so you can put me down on the list, Barbara~  ha ha

1. soni2006 profile image76
      soni2006posted 12 years agoin reply to this

All yours akirchner. Best of luck to you too.

36. akirchner profile image93

I have to say though that I never even used FB except to post up pictures or to promote my hubs.  I do stay in touch a bit more now that I've learned how to use it - so guess for me anyhow the contest ended up being a good thing. 

At first I hated the idea of seeing the votes "live" because it made me so nervous - but then once I got used to seeing them, even when it got close, it was kinda better than having to worry about something I couldn't see?

Just my thoughts - but I'm easily enthralled with most everything if it's working.  I know a lot of folks that I asked to vote didn't want to vote because they were worried about installing the app on their computer - I didn't know that you could take it off after you voted - but again, learned something new~! 

Let me know if that idea pans out, Simey~

1. SimeyC profile image88
      SimeyCposted 12 years agoin reply to this

akirchner: it's not that I'm worried about apps on my PC, I just don't like social sites in general! I find that a lot of people air their problems on FB and it really has damaged face to face communication.

I guess I should join the general crowd though!!!

1. akirchner profile image93

I totally agree, Simey - I do think though if you use it "wisely" (oh my - I hope this applies in my head as well as in my life)....it can be a good thing - me thinks.  But I hear you - some of the 'conversations' I see on there - oy vey - and I'm not even Jewish~

37. Danette Watt profile image82
    Danette Wattposted 12 years ago

I'm a bit confused - is this contest still going on? I thought it was over and posted a new hub a day or 2 ago but didn't include the tag 'contest'.

The contest is over but the last round of fan faves is still being voted on.

38. Danette Watt profile image82

thanks I thought it was and I did cast my vote for my fave [did you wink]

I did!  smile

39. Danette Watt profile image82

wish I could be there with you guys while your mom is there, too. I miss everyone...

sad  Me too.

40. WannaB Writer profile image86
    WannaB Writerposted 12 years ago

I will leave the plumbing contest to those of you who can write about plumbing well. I can't even conceive of a topic I'm less suited to write about. I'm even less likely to do a plumbing project, even though I have several that need to be done. Perhaps I should read the information, just in case it's a matter of writing about the plumber you hire to do the job.

1. Danette Watt profile image82
      Danette Wattposted 12 years agoin reply to this

you could always write on how poorly suited you are to do a plumbing job yourself - make it funny....(but I agree about the topic plus I don't even have any projects that need to be done)

I can't seem to find any information on the plumbing contest now. I was going to send it to someone who might be able to enter. Is it over already? If not, where would I look? Am I just blind today?

Oh, you're not blind at all! Since the Share and Share a Like contest page is still up, we can't put the plumbing (Clogs to Coins) contest page in its place, so for now, all the information is shared in this blog post: http://blog.hubpages.com/2011/07/clogs-to-coins/

2. Happyboomernurse profile image84

I feel the same way.

3. Simone Smith profile image88

Ya'll could always share helpful maintenance (cleaning, fixing leaks, etc.) tips!

41. Simone Smith profile image88

Heads up everyone!  The Fan Faves round for Week 4 of the contest is now finished, and the Tug of War round has began.  This is the second to last round of Facebook voting. After this, it's grand prize voting time, and then the contest is over!

The Tug of War round is between Superhero Sales and JillKostow. Both have amazing entries, so I'm quite interested to see who will win!  I wish them both luck!!

To cast your vote, be sure to visit the Tug of War tab on our Facebook page!

Both are really good reads, very difficult choice (was thrilled by both subjects each in its own way) but I was able to decide on my favorite. Good luck to both~ tongue
      K9

42. JillKostow profile image88

Is there a way for people to vote if they are using Facebook Mobile?  Many of my friends and family are unable to vote this way.....

43. akirchner profile image93

The only thing I can think of is if it's an app thing - but I truly don't know enough about it~ Hopefully someone with "real" intelligence will be able to answer this soon~

44. waynet profile image69
    waynetposted 12 years ago

Yeah I was really disappointed with the whole vote thing with the facebook application as I've got lots of subscribers from lots of other places who wasn't able to vote for my hubpage as it would have made it into the tug of war.

It's a good thing I cried out all that frustration into my cornflakes!

Your poor cornflakes.  They sure take a beating from you!  smile

On the FB note, I had lots of people say that they had problems voting and could not use their phone to vote.  sad

45. akirchner profile image93

No one has figured out why the phones aren't being allowed to vote then?  I never did try mine during the contest and rather doubt I'll have time during the week to try it but it would be interesting to find out....I'll ask Simone as well today. Sorry about your cornflakes, Wayne!

46. JillKostow profile image88

Hopefully the voting thing will be figured out before it is to late for anyone else to vote!!  Why can you no longer have more than one person vote from the same computer???  I just think that the voting system should have stayed the same throughout the entire contest instead of being switched back and forth...

47. akirchner profile image93

I think folks shouldn't be allowed to vote more than once from their computer - but the part about other users/other accounts being able to vote from the same computer (I thought) was fixed? Tag Simone maybe and ask her about the voting setup - I sent her an email this morning too~ Inquiring minds definitely need to know!

48. JillKostow profile image88

Thats what I meant akirchner... I know the last round both me and my husband voted from our home computer, each under our own facebook accounts.  Now this time we were unable to, along with many others.  I just think it should have stayed the same throughout.  I am not saying it would have had any different outcome with winners, but it would have gave everyone the same chance each time!!

49. Simone Smith profile image88

Hi everyone.  I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but voting on Facebook can only be done via web browser for now. 
    I apologize to everyone who has had trouble voting! We wanted to make the process as easy as possible, but there are always catches, right?  We'll make sure this same problem does not roll around in future contests.

50. akirchner profile image93

Indeed - it seems that the voting has been a problem for a lot of folks.  Sorry you had so much trouble this weekend!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)