Share and Share a Like Official Contest Thread (GRAND PRIZE ANNOUNCED)

Jump to Last Post 151-164 of 164 discussions (384 posts)
  1. Simone Smith profile image87
    Simone Smithposted 12 years ago

Hi again everyone!

First, congrats to JillKostow for winning the $50 Socially Savvy prize for week 4 of the contest, and congrats to SuperheroSales for winning the $100 Social Champion prize!

Now, we're in to the final round of voting- this is for the $500 Grand Prize, so your vote can make a big difference!

The candidates:

akirchner for Oregon Wildlife: American White Pelicans Of Prineville
    WannaB Writer for Enemies of the People? Life in Communist Yugoslavia
    Pamela99 for Guidelines for Homecare for the Elderly
    SuperheroSales for A Day Has Passed. It’s Time for a New Photo Craze! Ostriching!

Be sure to vote for your favorite Hub by going to our Facebook page and clicking on the Fan Faves tab.  You can also just go directly to the voting if you like by clicking here.

Voting cannot be done by mobile phones. Also, I've enabled Assured Voting which makes it possible for multiple people from one household or business to vote in the contest, however that means those voting will have to agree to let the app take note of their name.  The personal info used in Assured Voting is only used for this one event. 

Good luck to the finalists, and thanks to all of you who were a part of this contest!

1. K9keystrokes profile image82
      K9keystrokesposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I wish the best of luck to each one of the finalist~ It is going to be difficult to pick a winner, as three of my favorite writers are among the finalist...

2. akirchner profile image91
    akirchnerposted 12 years ago

Congrats all and let's get this done~ Thanks, Simone for all the help.

3. akirchner profile image91

P.S.  Does this mean the voting starts today, Simone? I had it down as starting tomorrow at noon? I'm always a day late and a dollar short~

1. WannaB Writer profile image87
      WannaB Writerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

That's what I thought, too. I hope it still ends on Thursday.

2. Simone Smith profile image87
      Simone Smithposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yes! I just opened it early in anticipation of all the problems people will be having with voting.  I want to make sure everyone has a shot, so I figured it wouldn't hurt to do all the troubleshooting early tongue

4. akirchner profile image91

Thanks to all of you - and great job to everyone who made the final 14 each time~!!! Some of y'all were in there multiple times and that is awesome!

5. akirchner profile image91

There's definitely a problem - a lot of people trying to vote for me can't - the votes aren't registering and the app isn't opening up - it sometimes goes to blank, sometimes goes to hubpages main page and they can't get the vote in.

Also - my husband and son can't vote from our home computer with their own accounts?

Help???

6. Simone Smith profile image87

To be very clear, this is what people have to do in order to vote:

1. Sign in to their Facebook accounts
    2. Go to Facebook.com/hubpages.com
    3. Click on the Fan Faves tab
    4. "Like" HubPages on Facebook if they haven't already
    5. Click on the  "view entries" button or "vote" tab
    6. Click on one of the entries and click the vote button

Leaving a comment is optional.  Only one vote can be cast per person.  Because we have Assured Voting enabled, multiple people from one business or household (IP, basically) can vote, but they must consent to sharing their basic information with our app, so we can be sure that there are not multiple votes coming in from the same Facebook ID. 

It is not possible to vote from a mobile device.

The app is fully functional- I have tested it multiple times and checked with our Offerpop representative to make sure everything is functioning properly.

Good luck to everyone!

I just got back from voting Simone, and everything went as smooth as silk. The hardest part was having to make a choice; all of the final hubs are crazy good!
      big_smile

2. Peggy W profile image94
      Peggy Wposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It won't let me vote unless I accept OfferPop and after reading about what information they collect, I decided not to vote.  In the past, I did not have to do this.  Why now?

1. Simone Smith profile image87
        Simone Smithposted 12 years agoin reply to this

That's Assured Voting- it only uses that info for the purpose of this one voting activity, and you can always delete the app from your account as soon as you've voted.
        The reason I've enabled that is if it is NOT enabled, multiple people from the same business or household (IP address, really), won't be able to vote.
        Sorry for any inconvenience!

7. prairieprincess profile image93
    prairieprincessposted 12 years ago

I have voted. Good luck to all the finalists!

1. jayca profile image59
      jaycaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

good luck to all the finalists

8. akirchner profile image91

Okay folks - I'm down to the wire and don't think I'll make it - if you'd like to vote for me - here's my last Hail Mary play - please go to the link and vote.  Thank you in advance for your support always!  Audrey

http://apps.facebook.com/offerpop/Conte … amp;v=View

How to vote:
    1. Sign in to your Facebook account
    2. Go to Facebook.com/hubpages.com (or follow link above and sign in)
    3. Click on the Fan Faves tab (small tab not big finger) on left panel.
    4. Make sure you "Like" HubPages on Facebook at top of page if you haven't already
    5. Click on the  "view entries" button or "vote" tab
    6. Click ON the pelican article if you want to vote for me – you have to click on the bird to be INSIDE the article – then click the VOTE button inside my article.  You will see a READ THE WHOLE HUB message if you want to see all my pictures. 
    Watch to make sure the vote went up~!  If you've voted correctly and try to do it again, it will say "You've already voted".  You may be asked to add an application before you vote – you will have to allow it or the vote will not be counted but you can go to your Facebook wall after voting and remove it.

It is not possible to vote from a mobile device.

9. mgregory profile image62
    mgregoryposted 12 years ago

sounds cool!! :-)

10. Simon Alexander profile image57
    Simon Alexanderposted 12 years ago

I don't really Get what this is about but congratulate me on my very first hub page forum post.

11. Simone Smith profile image87

WE HAVE A $500 GRAND PRIZE WINNER!! It's SuperheroSales, for her Hub on ostriching!!!  She got a hefty total of 114 votes, giving her the lead in the final Fan Faves round of Share and Share a Like voting.

The Share and Share a Like contest was created with the theme of creating fun Hubs that your friends are likely to share with others, and this ostriching Hub is the epitome of that sort of article. Well done, SuperheroSales!

Congrats to all those who won in the contest, and thanks to all of you who entered! It was so much fun reading your entires.

Sad you missed this contest? Don't be. We have another contest that'll launch on the 21st of this month, a mere 10 days from now! You can learn more about it on our blog. smile

12. prairieprincess profile image93
    prairieprincessposted 12 years ago

A huge congratulations to SuperheroSales! That was a great hub and much deserved.

1. SuperheroSales profile image58
      SuperheroSalesposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thank you so much, PrairiePrincess!  I cannot believe that I won because I have looked up to all of the writers I was up against and thought that all of the articles in the contest were just amazing!  I keep wanting to pinch myself!  Thank you so much to everyone who participated in writing and voting in the contest!  You all are amazing people!

It really was a fun hub! Congrats on your big-bucks win! lol

Thanks, K9, I sincerely appreciate that!  I'm glad I didn't make a fool out of myself for nothing! LOL!

13. RedElf profile image89
    RedElfposted 12 years ago

Congratulations to everyone who participated!

14. Denise Handlon profile image85
    Denise Handlonposted 12 years ago

Congratulations to SuperheroSales and everyone else who managed to get thrown into the mix, lol    It's been a fun contest and full of suspense and anticipation!

Thank you, Denise!  The contest was extremely suspenseful because there were so many amazing articles- there was no way to predict how it was going to end up!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)