jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (5 posts)

Weird happenings in my comments

1. Cardisa profile image89
    Cardisaposted 5 years ago

When I checked my email this morning I had two new comments for Chapter 3 of my book. When I logged in and went o my hub, the two comment were the exact same comments I made earlier in response to visitors comments. I have not denied or approved them.

When I clicked on the hubber's name that was supposed to have left the comment it took me to a jewelry website.

Should I report this?

1. earnestshub profile image88
      earnestshubposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yes I would report it, and take advice from the hubpages team as to how best to proceed if other action needs to be taken.

Cardisaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Earnest, I think that's the best thing to do.

1. Camping with Kids profile image88
          Camping with Kidsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

@Cardisa - Unless I am mis-understanding your post -

- this is a fairly common occurrence - and isn't really something for the hubpages team - it's just someone trying to use a comment for a backlink

- yours wasn't really too blatant if the url was only in the sig., many also try to include links in the text of their comments. HP doesn't allow html in comments but will allow url addresses and makes them hyperlinks

- easiest solution is just edit your comment capsule to require comments to be moderated before they appear live

Cardisaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Why didn't they just write something different? They copied two earlier comments I made word for word, so now I feel weird approving them, they will be obvious to my readers that they are the exact same words I used. On the other hand I do feel bad denying the comments.

I already reported it. But I guess the team will let me know exactly what occurred.

Should I deny these comments? I've never done that before no matter how rude someone is.