jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (10 posts)

How do I get more followers and a higher author score?

1. jaredbangerter profile image86
    jaredbangerterposted 5 years ago

I just started and I think the only 3 hubs I posted were of pretty good quality, but right now I am only at 26 for my author score.  Is this normal?  How do I get it higher?

How do I get more followers as well?

1. Brinafr3sh profile image90
      Brinafr3shposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You can comment on other's hubs; feel free to comment on my hubs. This will make your score higher.
      smile

jaredbangerterposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Will do!  Thank you.

2. MelissaBarrett profile image60
    MelissaBarrettposted 5 years ago

Neither author scores or followers really matter in the grand scheme of things. 

The author score will rise on its own after time and only really matters if it is under 75 (I think) and you are planning on using the article to backlink to another site to raise google rank. 

Followers are mostly for vanity's sake and very rarely even read hubs posted by those that they are following.

Both exist mainly as recognition within the community.

Thank you.  So having more followers doesn't even remotely affect your success or income on here anyways? 

I do know the higher your author score, the more important you are in Google's ranking system.  I just figured having more followers helped your score.

1. MelissaBarrett profile image60
        MelissaBarrettposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Actually, your popularity here means absolutely nothing to google.
        At least there is not a direct connection.  If you write good content in areas where good content doesn't really exist, then google will love you. 

Google could also give a fig less about your followers smile

Google cares about content, content, content... oh and content.  If it is good, and others link to it (not within hubpages, that doesn't count) then google will hump your leg.  If not, consider yourself the fire hydrant.

hahaha, i love that answer.  good to know. :] i was stressing big time about it, but it's good to know the only thing i really need to stress about is the quality of my content.  thank you. :] kudos.

3. MelissaBarrett profile image60
    MelissaBarrettposted 5 years ago

As a follow up, that doesn't mean the community here is worthless... many (myself most definitely NOT included) are experts in promotion and google love.  You'll find them.  Others are experts at writing.  You'll find them too.  Very very rarely, one of our hubbers will be an expert at both.  I suggest when you find them, you stalk them mercilessly.

Okay.  Since you have more experience, what is the best way to drive huge amounts of traffic to my articles?

1. MelissaBarrett profile image60
        MelissaBarrettposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It is so NOT me that you want to ask.  Find SunSeven.  Read EVERYTHING she ever wrote about it.  She's got a ton of very good hubs on it.  There are others a few others lakeerieartists is awesome as well.

*edited because I knew I mangled her name so went to look it up.

working