jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

HTML tagging & drawing traffic (newbie)

1. 65
    Practicalityposted 8 years ago

I've heard a little about HTML tagging but how is it done?

Also what's the best source of infor on how to draw traffic to my site?  I take it a lot of you don't use adsense?

1. Lissie profile image86
      Lissieposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I think you're a little confused.  On hubpages you cant/don't write your own html : use the tag feature to add tags to your hub: the new suggestied tags is very handy too.

Adsense makes you money- it doesn't create traffic (adwords is paying for adsense ads is that what you mean) Adsense are the small classified ads you see on hubs and many other places
      You need to apply for an Adsense account and then once you are approved you will get 60% of the revenue from your hubs

To get traffic to your hub, and particularly traffic that will make you money you need to be on the front page of google for a buying keyword term: so you need to know what keywords you are focussed on, write relevant content and then promote your hub to get anchored links - the last step is the most important

2. Juliet Christie profile image56
    Juliet Christieposted 8 years ago

Not so sure how to answer the first part of your question,But I suppose it has to do with the key word for your page.

To get traffic for your site the best places are through search engines. However you will have to have good and a fair amount of content and tag your content with the right keywords so that people using search engines will find it. You may choose to advertise  your site using Google adwords too.

3. Inspirepub profile image87
    Inspirepubposted 8 years ago

We all use Adsense - you can't get away from it at HubPages!