jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (14 posts)

Traffup Now Banned by Hubpages?

1. Rob Winters profile image79
    Rob Wintersposted 5 years ago

I started using traffup a while back as it was recommended by a no. of different hubbers. It can definitely get you some quick page views although i don't think they tend to be quality traffic. Noticed an automatic warning on my hubs the other day about 'not using a traffic exchange to get traffic and that my hubs were at risk of being unpublished'. I wasn't aware that traffup qualified as a traffic exchange but there's nothing else i do that could qualify - i've disabled traffic from this site to be on the safe side. Anyone else experience this or know whether traffup is now prohibited on hubpages? Is this a new development?Thought i'd check here first as you guys are much quicker on the response times :-)

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I saw it recommended by TWO different Hubbers, while others warned that it was a traffic exchange.  Using sites like Traffup has never been allowed on HubPages.

2. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

Any and all traffic exchanges are not allowed. That's about all I know of it.

3. RishiKS profile image61
    RishiKSposted 5 years ago

Its a pity that you can't post a link of traffup.net on hubpages. Traffup.net is such a good website. Its not an automatic traffic exchange website. People have a choice of what they want to view and what not. It's more like a social bookmarking website. Plus you get free twitter followers and retweets facility, free of cost.

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 5 years ago in reply to this

A site doesn't have to be automated to be classified as a traffic exchange.

A traffic exchange is any site which is designed to artificially create traffic by getting members to click on each other's websites.

4. Rob Winters profile image79

I agree with you RishiKS.It seems to be getting lumped in with somewhat dissimilar sites. I wonder if it has anything to do with hubpages not wanting to pay out for HPADS pageviews for traffic they deem to be of a lower quality than say organic traffic.I haven't ever had HPADS activated but then it seems blanket bans are de rigueur.

1. IzzyM profile image85
      IzzyMposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Put the words "traffup" and "Google adsense" into Google and READ what is said.

Google Adsense themselves admit your account is at risk by using this program.

This is great program for those selling products with no Adsense on their sites.

Hubpages is an Adsense site. Even if you have no account to lose, Hubpages do, and they take responsibility for your hubs, that you wrote, and you use, 40% of the time it is up there.

This has NOTHING to do the HPads, and EVERYTHING to do with Google Adsense.

5. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago

It looks like a traffic exchange to me.

6. rebekahELLE profile image91
    rebekahELLEposted 5 years ago
  7. Richieb799 profile image67
    Richieb799posted 5 years ago

It seems to work in a similar way to Twiends from what I can see, although Twiends doesn't send traffic directly to your website, it adds followers to your Twitter. However I don't use Twiends these days.

The visitors to this site are given incentive to view your website with bonus points, so it is to be assumed that the majority aren't really choosing to view you out of interest.

8. Rob Winters profile image79

Thanks for that information Izzy, i wasn't aware of that and can see how that makes perfect sense. I am still puzzled as to why some other hubbers have reported not having recieved any warnings despite having used and continuing to use traffup.

Whilst of less significance, i do think it would also make sense for hubpages not to want to be paying out for views from 'on average' less genuine traffic as would be the case for traffic from traffup which would comprise of a certain % of views occurring in response to an alternative motive, namely to build points to fund views to their own sites etc.

Yes Richie, you may be right, my instinct was that traffup traffic was not of great quality. I was curious about whether others had been warned for this & trying to confirm that traffup was indeed frowned upon and responsible for thw warnings.I found no other comments or q & a's about this and people were slow to respond to my queries. I had disabled traffup once i noticed the warnings which subsequently (1-2 days later) disappeared, then confirming my suspicions.

Thanks psycheskinner and rebekahELLE.

9. Rob Winters profile image79

Thanks for the clarifications/definitions Marisa. This is were i heard of traffup in the first place and why i assummed it to be ok. I never noticed any of the warnings that it was deemed to be a traffic exchange (which i had no previous experience of anyway), even after searching on the matter, following the automatic warnings my hubs received. Lesson learned smile

10. BethanRose profile image89
    BethanRoseposted 5 years ago

I'd never even heard about traffup! Good job I didn't really lol.

1. wheelinallover profile image82
      wheelinalloverposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I am really glad I listened to my instincts, I have never seen anything on hub pages that told me using a traffic exchange was not allowed here. I use them for business all the time but have always kept hub pages off them. I am really glad I did. I do have hub pages advertised on business advertising sites but they don't use click for click credits. They are strictly advertising. 

The way I look at it hub pages is part of my business holdings so should be advertised just like the rest of the businesses. I felt there was nothing to gain by advertising hub pages articles on a traffic exchange so have with kept it off like one of my other websites. That site has paid advertising which is supposed to be targeted to off line business owners, who are the only ones who can use that service.