jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (20 posts)

wow, I'm making stellar earnings this month!

1. 0
    Baileybearposted 5 years ago

My HP ads have earnt less than a dollar so far this month.  Previously, was earning around $12 per month.  Traffic dropped, but not nearly as much as earnings.

1. CASE1WORKER profile image83
      CASE1WORKERposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yes, I am in the same boat, although I have hit over the dollar mark! (just)

2. Hublog profile image60
      Hublogposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Check for the traffic sources... You must have lost a big percentage of Google traffic while the HP traffic would still be there and Google traffic is what actually pays.

1. Shinkicker profile image90
        Shinkickerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I wonder if we should be looking elsewhere at other sites. Maybe Hubpages will recover the traffic though. I hope so

1. Ritsos profile image67
          Ritsosposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I'm increasingly thinking HP is pretty well dead and buried I;m afraid ... very sad but it seems to be going this way sad

1. 0
            Multimanposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Just over a dollar, was doing a lot better.  Google traffic is still higher than hub traffic on most days but it has dropped.

2. 0
            Baileybearposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I'm getting some referral traffic from my hubs to my blog, but not earning anything

3. Barbara Kay profile image85
            Barbara Kayposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Ritsos, You haven't been on Hubpages long enough to judge it. My traffic has been increasing and almost back to what it was before the Panda update at Google.

1. Mr. Helper profile image61
              Mr. Helperposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Same here, for the most part.  After Panda, I started promoting my hubs majorly through blogs and social networking sites, and I think that's helped out a lot as well.  Things seem to be  leveling back out though.. I have a few hubs that are actually doing better post-panda.  I've always believed that quality content always pays.

2. Ms Dee profile image86
              Ms Deeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Your report is encouraging, Barbara Kay. My traffic is about half what it was pre-Panda, but you have been hubbing longer than I have. June was really low for me, only 40% of pre-Panda. I'm told I have good quality, so am just hoping in time I can say, like you, that it is almost back to pre-Panda.

3. Ritsos profile image67
              Ritsosposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Perhaps you're right Barbara .. have to say I was feeling more than a bit peeved that HP had dumped a couple of my pages for no reason I could see but I tweaked about two words in each where I'd rushed them which made them less readable and they were passed. However, other forum posts have reported a massive dip so I really don't know.

I think I'll try to get several more posts up here as most of my better ones I moved ages ago, and see how it goes before making my mind up .. thanks for the positivity :-)

4. Richieb799 profile image64
            Richieb799posted 5 years ago in reply to this

I've said before, HP is a nice platform for beginners but if you want to really make money then establishing your own site is the way to go..its what all the best hubbers here have done. Just my opinion, I started out getting my checks here..now my sites add to what my HP earnings always give me smile

2. LuisEGonzalez profile image81
    LuisEGonzalezposted 5 years ago

I keep writing about the same topics, yet for some unknown reason which I have yet to figure out my earnings have doubled since last month.cool

3. timonweller profile image60
    timonwellerposted 5 years ago

My traffic went down on HP as well, but i have been quiet on here as well so hard to tell.. Yeah i agree though the panda update was not very good for many online communities..

4. Randy Godwin profile image93
    Randy Godwinposted 5 years ago

I should make payout on Adsense tomorrow ahead of last months date.  My traffic has steadily increased since the panda slap and so has my earnings.  Amazon sales are up and down with a few great months since the slap.  Go figure!

5. Garrett Mickley profile image80
    Garrett Mickleyposted 5 years ago

That's strange, I've earned more with HP ads already than I usually do this far into a month.

6. 0
    Philippinewanderposted 5 years ago

All of my hub pages have been marked as needing revision...What?

That was two weeks ago, I have since written two new ones and though it has been about a week, I am unable to get them published, why not?

1. Cagsil profile image82
      Cagsilposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Welcome to Hubpages! smile

If you want to re-publish hub, then you have to click on "submit for publication". You cannot edit them, then click done editing and expect them to be automatically republished.

It doesn't work that way. If you have already submitted them for republication, then I would suggest you send email to Staff- Team@Hubpages.com and find out what is taking so long to republish.

Otherwise, it usually takes about 24-72 hours to get hubs manually checked and republished.

1. 0
        Philippinewanderposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I did click on, "Submit for publication" waited a few days and rewrote the entire article so that it is not the same.  I am working on my patience and so I will wait.  Thanks for the information, I do appreciate.

7. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image94
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 5 years ago

Sorry to hear that - mine are increasing noticeably.