jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

1. Aficionada profile image94
    Aficionadaposted 5 years ago

Just today I have had some experiences that have led me to believe someone has gotten some personal information about me from some unknown source.  Several weird events have occurred since I sent some personal info through what was supposed to be a secure server.  Of course, in my mind, this is all connected. 

How would you (how do you) go about checking to see what personal information of yours could have become scattered to the four winds? 

2. MelissaBarrett profile image61
    MelissaBarrettposted 5 years ago

Credit check, change passwords on everything-just to be sure- keep a close eye on all financial accounts.  No way to know for sure but to be hyper vigilant for a while.

3. Aficionada profile image94

Thanks, Melissa!  It's a pain, but I guess "eternal vigilance..." etc.  smile

4. wilderness profile image96
    wildernessposted 5 years ago

You might consider a hold with all three credit bureaus, preventing any loans in your name.

Change all passwords and pins.  Don't forget the ones you only use once a year.

As Melissa says, keep a very close eye on all bank accounts, credit cards, etc. - anything financial.

5. Aficionada profile image94

I hate to change passwords!  I have so many different ones now, I feel like I am moving to a new location when I change them.  And some of them took me a long time to invent - they're really good ones, I must say!

But I will do what I have to do.  I just won't like it.  hmm