jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Eager for Feedback!

1. cubefactor profile image78
    cubefactorposted 5 years ago

Hi all,

I appreciate your taking the time to review my first ever Hub!

http://hubpages.com/hub/Rubiks-Cube-3x3 … s-Solution

I felt it might be a good idea to have criticisms early in my Hub building career (to remove bad habits early).

I decided to start with something I know a lot about (Rubik's Cubes), and intend on doing a series of Hubs related to it.

Also, I'm concerned about word count and content richness.  The one linked is only 400 words.  This is likely the bare minimum, and others could potentially be much longer.  My hope was to cover very specific areas, and didn't want to combine two to make the Hub twice as long!  Will this hurt me in the long run?

Thanks again!

1. Krysanthe profile image92
      Krysantheposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I'm no expert at all on HubPages, I'm really new myself, but I figured I'd pop in and give you my two cents anyway.  smile 

First off it appears as if you have three outgoing links.  Thats a no-no, from what I understand, two is the limit.  That being said, the second link didn't work for me, so maybe its broken.  Its the one with Dan Harrison listed in it.

The writing seemed good to me, but one sentence stood out to me as out of place.  (“I could not find a good solution” or “The solution I found was confusing”).  Hmmm, not sure if its supposed to be a header, bold...anyway, seemed awkward and it broke up the flow of the hub for me. 

Like I said, I'm a total noob myself, SO not an expert in the least.  BUT  I read the makeovers to help me, and since yours had no responses, I thought I'd at least give you what I saw from reading it. 

Welcome to HubPages.  smile

cubefactorposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thank you for your response reply!  I was worried about the mention of too many links, and for this reason did some research.

I may be within the reasonable limits if the Overly Promotional thing is what you were concerned about.  If I do get moderated for it I'll post here and let you know. 

I will review your other suggestions and make appropriate changes.  Thank you for your time!

1. Uninvited Writer profile image82
          Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You are only allowed 2 links to the same site, you can have more than two if they are all to different sites.

cubefactorposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thank you for the clarification!  I should be fine then. smile smile

2. Dame Scribe profile image62
    Dame Scribeposted 5 years ago

I think you did a great job presenting the information to help find a answer. It's well written and hope to see more. smile