jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (5 posts)

How do I remove a warning that has already supposedly been cleared?

1. Charles K. profile image78
    Charles K.posted 5 years ago

I got this warning "CONTENT WARNING: This Hub appears to be about free downloads" on my hub at <link snipped>, with a threat to un-pubish that hub if changes were not made. So I edited the page to remove the two Amazon affiliate links and emailed Hubpages to ask for a review as my hub is about free web design software.

I got an email from Hubpages saying, "Your Hub has been cleared for publication, and published" but when I go back to replace the two Amazon links, the content warning is still there. I emailed Hubpages again to fix this but nothing has changed

So, I'd like to know how to get this warning removed. I'd also like to know if I can restore my affiliate links. I'd like to know if simply using the word "free" in a hub with links to software is going to always be a problem since I had plans to do more hubs on freebies. And finally, I'd like to know why the response for assistance is so slow and ineffectual as to not remedy the problem and leave me wondering if my hub is going to be removed after I was given an "OK".

Anybody got any ideas? Thanks for any help or info you can provide to clear this up.

Charles K.

1. sofs profile image86
      sofsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You cannot remove warnings.. .. you have to get in touch with the team ..quoting the message that show that your article has been cleared for publication.
      The affiliate links may be the ones that actually cause the problem.. if you put them back ..your hubs may become irrevocable.
      That is what I think .

Charles K.posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thank you, sofs, for your reply. I have taken your advice and emailed the Hubpages team.

1. IzzyM profile image85
          IzzyMposted 5 years ago in reply to this

As far as I know, there is no way these warnings are going to disappear.
          I have a few with warnings that are published, but I believe the warnings stay until they change the rules again.

Charles K.posted 5 years ago in reply to this

I guess I will just have to hurry up and wait! Thanks for your input, IzzyM.