jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)

Has your HP traffic taken another turn for the Worst?....

1. Richieb799 profile image66
    Richieb799posted 5 years ago

Could it be Panda 2.2 returning to make sure there were no survivers?

This week traffic has been hit again, I was seeing a loss of 250 views and we thought it was just 4th of July distraction but its continued pretty much all week

Good job I have my sites now as well

1. Randy Godwin profile image93
      Randy Godwinposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Actually, my Adsense is continuing to increase every month with payout being reached earlier each month.  Amazon has picked up a wee bit too.  smile

If this continues this will be my best Adsense month ever on HP!

2. rebekahELLE profile image92
    rebekahELLEposted 5 years ago

my traffic has had an upswing the past couple of weeks. I haven't done anything differently. I'm seeing more google traffic on some of my hubs. I haven't looked closely enough to see if they are topic related or seasoned hubs.

3. Richieb799 profile image66
    Richieb799posted 5 years ago

Yes well of course I know you work very hard on Hubpages and I'm glad  you make payout as well. However I haven't written an article now for almost a month, I'm concentrating on personal websites because I believe in the long term that is the safest place to invest(in your own projects.) * Almost half my earnings came from these last month.*
    I've been following the Ryan Kett, ThisisOli, Wry Lilt and others paths because they no longer write here.. I'm sad to say it but I may write again if I ever see HP getting out of the slump its in.

4. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 5 years ago

July and August are when Americans traditionally take their big summer vacations.  It's not at all out of the ordinary to see summer slumps in traffic from 4th of July through Labor Day.

5. Randy Godwin profile image93
    Randy Godwinposted 5 years ago

I haven't written much here lately either.  Waiting a bit to see the latest "exciting new developments" which inevitably are predicted when a writing site has problems.  smile

6. kohuether profile image79
    kohuetherposted 5 years ago

On the internet, July and August are notoriously slow. I wouldn't entirely blame it on Panda. A lot of people go through this, and not just those on Hubpages. So, I second what relache said. smile

1. Aficionada profile image93
      Aficionadaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

That's definitely comforting! (At least, to know that this is not necessarily Panda-related.)  So, this time of year, we should be concentrating on publishing for the fall and holidays ahead, and building our own sites?  Or, what would you all suggest?

Randy Godwin, WHAT'S your secret??  spill, spill, please.
      big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  (whatssssssss, sssssssecret, ssssssspill, pleassssssssse - those ought to be words that would convincccccccce ssssssssssomeone like you - yessssssssss?)

7. shogan profile image88
    shoganposted 5 years ago

My traffic has been low, but holy!  It hasn't been this low before.  I guess the summer slump is particularly slumpy for me.