jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

1. Meezymadness profile image61
    Meezymadnessposted 5 years ago

Excuse me for being the grinch but I am not understanding what it takes to get money on this site, dont get me wrong I love writing because I love speaking my mind but they said you can get paid and they are sending me through hoops to do anything. My email isnt good enough, or my website sucks, whats the deal please someone help me get the tips on how this thing works and if its working for anyone else...

1. classicalgeek profile image87
      classicalgeekposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It works fine for me. You don't say exactly what your problem is, but I am guessing that you don't have an Adsense account.

There is an easy way to get an Adsense account. It will take a week or so, but I've never heard that it doesn't work.

Go to blogger, and start a blog at blogspot. Post once a day for ten days, apply to Adsense and Amazon. If you get rejected, post once a day for another ten days, and apply again. (Don't skip any posts while you are waiting.) Keep posting daily, and applying once every ten days until you are accepted. Your posts don't have to be great literature--the people at Google, Amazon, etc. simply want to see that you can produce acceptable content and more, that you mean to produce a lot of content. You can abandon your blog after you get accepted, but I keep all mine.

A gmail account should work. Back in the old days, my hotmail account worked. And yes, I am earning from Amazon, Adsense, and HP ads, so I know for a fact that it works just fine.

1. Meezymadness profile image61
        Meezymadnessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks alot I appreciate that but do you have yo have your own website or just go somewhere and open up a blog?

1. classicalgeek profile image87
          classicalgeekposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Just go to Blogger and start a blog, as I posted above. Google owns Blogger so they're more likely to give precedence to their own properties.

2. Mikeydoes profile image81
    Mikeydoesposted 5 years ago

Everything takes time. This is relatively new and a great way to make money. There is a lot to learn and a lot to do, so don't think there is going to be in your account tomorrow, it doesn't work that way. There are a lot of things going on and things are changing daily. Learn as much as you can every day and execute it in your hubs.

3. Mr-Yo LV profile image59
    Mr-Yo LVposted 5 years ago

I've made exactly $0.05 on this site so far.  Joined in late June, 2011.  It's all about writing quality contents, increasing exposure for your hubs/site/blog, and seo.  Check out my profile, I've written information about how to start your own site and build traffic.  Maybe it can help you out.

4. Meezymadness profile image61
    Meezymadnessposted 5 years ago

thanks bro I appreciate that.

1. 0
      BenjaminBposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Meezy you will see many Hubbers say many different things about how to make money on Hubpages. There are 2 things most will have in common though that should be the first 2 things you learn about before you write anything.

1. Keyword Research either how to do it yourself or finding a paid software that does the work for you.

2. On page SEO (Search Engine Optimization)- if you can't write a Hub,article,blog post etc.. etc.. in a proper manner to target the keywords you want to target then you are quite simply in my opinion wasting your time writing if making money is your goal.

After that delve into how to write campaigns which are many properly written articles targeting the same main keywords all linked together to give them all more power in the search engines.

On a smaller competition niche for a keyword just writing it properly can be enough to get it ranked on page #1 of Google with no promotional effort at all.

Learn to look through the bullshit as the internet is full of it and learn the basics. All of the software claiming it will make you money with no knowledge of the basic framework is a load of crapola.