jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Creative mature themes on hubpages

1. syteph profile image60
    sytephposted 5 years ago

Hi,

I'm a writer and would love to publish some of my short stories, novel chapters etc. on hubpages for feedback from others.

However, I'll often write stories containing sex, drugs and rock n' roll. I read the guidelines and hubpages states that no explicit material is available - where is the line drawn here?

1. profile image0
      kimberlyslyricsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Welcome, your best bet is to read read read and you will get a definite feel where lines are drawn and what is appropriate here.  They are very open to creative content, within reason

Glad your here smile

read!

sytephposted 5 years ago in reply to this

That was a great idea. I've published a story that should be alright, I'd love feedback from anyone - and certainly to know if the content is inappropriate! Wouldn't want to get in trouble : )

1. profile image0
          kimberlyslyricsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

welcome

Your best bet is to put out a thread for help and post the link to the hub asking for which specific feedback you would like-you'll find the community most helpful!

welcome again smile

2. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago

This is probably not the place for fiction that will contain 'mature' keywords. The systems tend to flag words rather than look at the overall context.

sytephposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks, maybe I'll consider censoring, although I'm not super keen on the idea.

3. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago

You could put the stories on your own site and link to it from hubs (not too much though).

Content sites aren't really set up for edgy or creative stuff because they are tied very tightly to the Adsense terms of service.

working