I just joined and posted a few hubs yesterday, but I have several questions:
1. Do my own viewings of my hubs get counted in my statistics?
2. Is it against the rules or bad form to give your own articles thumbs up? Do you do it?
3. What is the standard here about attributing images and video? Do you always take your own photos or use free stock images? If you just find things on the web (particularly video) do you need to mention who made it and/or any copyright details in the hub?
4. Do you think it's better to create many simpler hubs on very specific topics, or fewer more detailed hubs on more general subjects, including the details as subcategories? I would think it would be better for page views to make more smaller, linked hubs, but is this true? It seems like
it's somewhat encouraged to make larger, more complicated hubs.
5. What is a capstone hub? I saw a few hubs labeled that way, but couldn't figure out what it meant.
Edit: sorry, one more question. I was thinking of sometimes recommending a related book in my Amazon affiliate store as part of the text or links section. It seems like this is allowed, but if I do it with a number of articles, is this the kind of thing that will decrease my ratings, or is it ok because Amazon is one of the official affiliates?
Welcome to Hugpages!
2. No, as long as you don't overdo it. But does not make any sense since those thumbs are not counted
3. You should respect copyright or any other terms attached to the image or video. It is your responsibility to figure out what exactly those terms are.
4. This depends on your goals
5. Since I don't write those, I don't remember. Somebody else will chime in
6. You are fine as long as you use Amazon capsule for this
by Andrea Picarelli12 months ago
Hello Everyone, I made it to my 10th Hub and just got approved for Amazon and Google AdSense. I am disabled and cannot work a regular job. I do not make enough on Disability to pay rent, bills, and groceries. I tried...
by Dado9 months ago
I will try in short because I explored whole day about HubPages and I still need some confirmation how to proceed on best way if possible?Before 2 years I lost AdSense because of stupid reasons like wrong keywords (I...
by Glen7 years ago
Hopefully people know what I'm talking about. Hubs that wouldn't look out of place in a magazine. A mix of entertaining, educational, informational and not straying from the point.Have you written many?
by A_to_J7 years ago
Just found this site looks very cool. Going to explore it all before I start writing a hub.just wanted to say hi all!
by Liz Elias2 years ago
Would any of you suggest 'reporting' an obvious newbie who has obviously not read anything of the rules and protocols here, whose profile includes no bio and indicates having joined but 2 hours prior, and whose...
by Mahaveer Sanglikar5 years ago
Does large Hubs attract more visitors than smaller ones?
Copyright © 2017 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.