jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (6 posts)

Team: Attention - About Contest Rules

1. Cardisa profile image91
    Cardisaposted 5 years ago

Today I posted a thread in the official contest thread about a Hubber submitting six articles on July 9, 2011. The Contest rules a maximum of five.

No one responded to this thread, yet people, even HP staff and Elite have posting to the same thread. Yesterday's winner was also announced in that thread after I posted.

What is the response to that offense.

My Question: Are some Hubbers excluded form the contest rules?

1. SimeyC profile image90
      SimeyCposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Cardisa - while it's perhaps not obvious from the contest rules, only five hubs from an author are entered into the competition - I'm assuming it is the first five entries of the day - any other entries are excluded.

This was brought up in the last competition.

Cardisaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Ok let me understand this, I can submit as many hubs as I wish with the contest tag, but only the first five will be included?

If so then why were all six hubs submitted on that day by the same author listed in the submissions thread.

the submission thread simply picks up any hub with a 'tag' of contest. There is 'work' done behind the scenes to make sure no=one breaks the rules - as Simone stated, a couple of entries actually won the daily draw, but were disqualified because they were too short.

Cardisaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Okay, thanks.

I now understand.

Someone could have simply stated that in the official contest thread where I posted before.

They normally are really good at questions like that - I guess that you probably slipped through the net....

working