jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Very first hub! "Reasons Why You Should Cook"

1. 61
    stephandtheskyposted 5 years ago

Need some criticism.  The ads feel cluttered, so which ones should I take out?  Should I rearrange anything?  How is the layout?  How is the actual substance of my article?

Thanks to whoever answers!

1. freecampingaussie profile image45
      freecampingaussieposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hi , Had a look at your hub , be good having a couple of photos in there & maybe a bit more writing maybe a recipe but otherwise is good.

1. 61
        stephandtheskyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for replying!  Yeah, I thought that maybe I might add more photos, that's a good idea.  Do you think I should write more about the points I mentioned, or more reasons to cook?  and with a recipe, the problem with that is different people are into different things - meat, vegetables, noodles, and so on, so it would be hard to find a recipe that would be universally liked I suppose, someone might feel left out?

2. kschang profile image93
      kschangposted 5 years ago in reply to this

1) Bigger titles for sections. Right now they look way too small

2) Bigger pix please. I have to squint to see that pix.

3) I personally would try to find a couple MORE reasons. 4 is a bit short. I would go for 7 or 8. I'm sure you can come up with a few more.

4) For a more humorous bent, make 2 hubs: 7 reasons a man should cook, and 7 reasons a woman should cook. (I'm sure you can find a few reasons)

2. R.S. Hutchinson profile image86
    R.S. Hutchinsonposted 5 years ago

Overall good first hub. Couple things:

"When I’m able to, I like to cook as many new, tasty recipes I can."
    .. Rubs me a little weary in the English language... maybe change it to something like:

"When time permits, I find such joy and satisfaction in trying new recipes!" Something like that.

Moreover, don't end your hub on a bullet point... add a conclusion that somewhat restates the first paragraph.

Other than that, I read through the whole thing - and that's saying allot! So good job, especially for your first time!

3. Dame Scribe profile image61
    Dame Scribeposted 5 years ago

Don't be shy to use a video, related links and inter-linked Hubs, that will prolong a visit wink