AdSense ad layout Suggestion

1. 0
    Suramya.Kposted 5 years ago

I'm little disappointed by the layout of Google AdSense ads. Do you think it would have been better if the AdSense block after the comments had been placed just before it? The chances of a visitor clicking the ads just after reading the hubs is more than after reading the comments. Most of the visitors don't read all the comments. Any comments?

1. 59
      My neck is redposted 5 years ago in reply to this

some recommendations I've read on adsense layouts are contradictory.

some of said put a skyscraper ad on the left, others have said on the right, top, bottom, etc.

I've heard that text ads do better than banner ads. people might automatically ignore banner ads.

it would probably take hundreds of impressions per day, at least, to get anything significant from google adsense.

2. theherbivorehippi profile image82
      theherbivorehippiposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yes, this has definitely been brought up by some Hubbers. I personally disabled all my comment boxes (with the exception of about five hubs that get a lot of them) for that very reason. Interestingly, Wizzley has made their layout so that the last ad falls above the comments and I find it to be pretty perfect. Wish Hubpages would do the same. hmm