jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (17 posts)

Is it just me or are some hubs.....

1. manthy profile image82
    manthyposted 5 years ago

Just flat out horrible.
    They have like 4 words and 100 pictures.
    Is there anything we can do to help the other hubbers do a better job.

I have noticed alot of hubs like this lately, maybe I'm just venting IDK

Someone tell me

1. Randy Godwin profile image92
      Randy Godwinposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Flag 'em!  You have the power!  smile

1. Sally's Trove profile image100
        Sally's Troveposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Ditto. smile

2. CASE1WORKER profile image86
      CASE1WORKERposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Flag them! The moderators will decide if they are of sufficient quality to remain!

3. BethanRose profile image88
      BethanRoseposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It annoys me! Just a little more writing and a little tweak to make it kind to the eye can go a long way!!! :-)

2. Lisa HW profile image81
    Lisa HWposted 5 years ago

Hey...  Some people like words.  Some like pictures.  roll

I know!   The mostly-words people and the pictures-only people ought to blend their accounts and come up with some really complete Hubs.   lol

3. IzzyM profile image85
    IzzyMposted 5 years ago

They are usually just in the wrong category. Picture hubs are allowed under 'pictures'.

Of course pixellated images or watermarked pictures are not allowed so you can flag them for that.

4. Jonathan Janco profile image82
    Jonathan Jancoposted 5 years ago

Yeah, I have a couple of hubs that are just crap. But no pics so maybe thats why they havent been flagged.

5. Uninvited Writer profile image83
    Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago

I am hub hopping every day. For a bit it seemed to be getting better but lately it's gotten bad again.

LOL...I definitely don't Hub-Hop every day. That would give me agita.

But lately, when I've Hub-Hopped, dollars to doughnuts there's a piece of crap on the first Hop.

Truly, I don't feel like being HP police. That's their job.

So, OP, it isn't just you.

1. wilderness profile image96
        wildernessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You aren't the HP police.  Rather you are a concerned citizen filing a complaint for the police to look into.  Or so I view it.

That's an interesting way to look at it.

I think when Hub Hopping was introduced, its purpose was to display what's new, with the convenience built in of rating and flagging. But later, the emphasis was on weeding out problem content.

If I'm a concerned citizen and file a complaint, it's not that I deliberately set out to find a law-breaker, but rather that I just happened to see something wrong and did the good-citizen thing. It's the difference between civic responsibility and doing someone else's job for them.

6. glassvisage profile image84
    glassvisageposted 5 years ago

Manthy, I like how you say, "Is there anything we can do to help?" I appreciate that attitude, and I think that HubPages provides options to help other than flagging and reporting. While everyone may not listen, I think it can help to share that they should try to have a good balance of text and photos, and other advice because that actually helps the Hubbers in the long run to have better Hubs, get more traffic and even make some income. I try to share that input when I can, whether or not that's what they're looking for...

7. jtyler profile image59
    jtylerposted 5 years ago

I agree.  There are three kinds of hubs in my own experience: kinds that are stupid and mispelled, kinds that are good, and kinds that aren't really what I'm looking for so I don't read.  There have been a lot more of the former lately, both here and on Bukisa.

8. daryl2007 profile image57
    daryl2007posted 5 years ago

The best thing you can do to help is sending them some good suggestions or comments on their hubs...that will do...flagging will hurt them and you are not sending them lessons.

You make a good point. There have been times when I've contacted a Hubber with suggestions, via HP email, instead of flagging the Hub. But when something is outright, deliberate spam, the proper thing to do is to flag it--spammers know exactly what they are doing, which includes trying to stay under the radar.

9. manthy profile image82
    manthyposted 5 years ago

I appreciate all the feedback - I'm still learning about hubpages, Remember I'm from Alabama and I'm kind of slow.
    just hate tha hubs that are all pictures etc. I will take everyones advice and start flagging them.
    Thanks Again & God-Bless