jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

Danger in Refreshing Old Hubs?

1. Jonathan Huie profile image60
    Jonathan Huieposted 5 years ago

I have a couple of Hubs that are two years old. I would like to make a couple of minor edits, but I fear that they would then get flagged for duplicate content, as they have been widely copied across the web over the last two years.

1. earnestshub profile image87
      earnestshubposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I would go ahead and make the changes and point to your original publish date to indicate that your article is the original and has been copied if it is not allowed to be re-published for those reasons. smile

1. Jonathan Huie profile image60
        Jonathan Huieposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thank you

2. CMHypno profile image89
    CMHypnoposted 5 years ago

Also you should contact the sites where they have been copied and ask for them to be taken down

3. Trish_M profile image89
    Trish_Mposted 5 years ago

Hi smile

I just had a copied item removed from another site.
    It turned out to be quite easy and painless smile

4. daryl2007 profile image55
    daryl2007posted 5 years ago

Actually there is nothing to worry about refreshing it, copyspace may include your site for the duplication but there is a date that would check the originality of the hub.  Most flagging is made by our fellow hubbers, who wants to pull you down..instead of helping.

1. IzzyM profile image85
      IzzyMposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Oh yeah?

I'm not interested in pulling anyone down, but I do get upset that some of the sh*te on here pulls the site, and therefore my hubs, down.

5. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 5 years ago

I would go ahead and refresh them I always refresh and update mine. As far as copies all over the net, if you didn't post them elsewhere then you need to file DMCA letters. If you did, then changes may help.