jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (20 posts)

Traffic Drop?

1. jtyler profile image60
    jtylerposted 6 years ago

I had about 191 views a day between hubpages, bukisa, and my website.  For some reason, I've only been getting at max 30 for the last few days.  Has anyone else had such a drop?  If so, what's going on?

1. profile image0
      Suramya.Kposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Not for me actually, my traffic has increased from just 10 to about 100 - and all these are to my hubs only. I've found that more activity means more exposure, more exposure means more followers and more followers means more traffic. Set a specific rule - like 3 answers per day, 1 question per day and/or 5 comments per day. Write at least 1 hub per week and you'll never see decreasing traffic!

1. SunSeven profile image64
        SunSevenposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Wow! I want to do that too. I hope it works. smile

2. KiaKitori profile image75
    KiaKitoriposted 6 years ago

Same here...big drop. Some will say it's summer, some will say it's Panda but I say it's the people, they don't search for the stuff we write anymore. They don't do their keyword research before going wild on the internet to read stuff. Too bad.

1. sofs profile image85
      sofsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Same here too... HP seems so bleak at the moment .

2. profile image0
      Suramya.Kposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Panda is just an excuse! As long as your contents are original, you have no need to worry. If its summer in US, its winter in Australia and other oceanic areas. While summer may be a factor, it is natural and you should not depend only on winter to get traffic. In the mean time, create some back links and add some meta description to your hubs.

1. CMHypno profile image89
        CMHypnoposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Panda is not an excuse - for those of us who were established here pre-panda massive drops in traffic have become a fact of life.

In January I was getting 800/900 hits a day and now 400 is a good day, and it is much harder to drive good traffic to newly written hubs however much keyword research and promotion you do.

Its not just hubber traffic that you need, if you want to make money you need search engine traffic

3. sofs profile image85
    sofsposted 6 years ago

I have been working hard at backlinking .. it just doesnt seem to draw what it used to before.. it is only the last week or so I guess..
    anyways each to his own reasons..

1. shogan profile image87
      shoganposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yeah, sofs, I agree.  Over the last week or so, traffic has tanked.

2. profile image0
      kimberlyslyricsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I'm with you girl sad

4. jtyler profile image60
    jtylerposted 6 years ago

Does anyone know why?  Did something happen recently?

5. Randy Godwin profile image92
    Randy Godwinposted 6 years ago

My hubs are earning more each month and the traffic has increased since Panda every month since.  I don't know what the deal is! smile

1. sofs profile image85
      sofsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You need to tell us more.. can't keep it to yourself.. smile

1. Randy Godwin profile image92
        Randy Godwinposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Apparently I can, Sofs.  I don't backlink and just try to publish useful articles on subjects the internet isn't saturated with.  No secret at all.  smile

6. profile image0
    kimberlyslyricsposted 6 years ago

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/5218006_f248.jpg

7. rex michaels profile image77
    rex michaelsposted 6 years ago

Hello all: I made my first penny today. It makes me realize that while making money is great, it really isn't always about that. Its a start and its going in the right direction.
    Thanks to all for a great forum

1. theherbivorehippi profile image83
      theherbivorehippiposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Welcome and congrats! smile

2. CASE1WORKER profile image79
      CASE1WORKERposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hopefully it will soon have a few friends and pennies will become pounds!! Well done! It is a wonderful feeling.

8. celebritie profile image77
    celebritieposted 6 years ago

I think when it comes to traffic, it depends on the subject matter.

For instance if you write on traffic keywords like celebrity gossip, pictures of tattoos or piercings, famous quotes, video game reviews, music lyrics, movie and book reviews etc.

Those subjects bring in more traffic just out of default and probably do well on a pay per view revenue model.

1. joyfuldesigns profile image82
      joyfuldesignsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Mine have also tanked, despite writing several new hubs.  In April I dedicated the month to try to do backlinking, but I see no difference in traffic between those hubs and the ones published since.  Hoping it will pick up.

working