jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

Regarding author score

1. shampa sadhya profile image85
    shampa sadhyaposted 5 years ago

Due to some irregularities in my daily schedule I was unable to post any sort of write up be it just a comment on hubpages. For the last two three days I am trying to adjust and carry forward my work but what I notice is within these two days my author score has fallen a bit.
    Few hours ago when I customized my Google Adsense setting immediately the author score fell down by 1 point.
    Few minutes ago when I congratulated a co hubber on her success again the score went down by 1 point.
    Kindly help me to find out the reason behind this. Thanks in advance.

1. wheelinallover profile image82
      wheelinalloverposted 5 years ago in reply to this

No body really knows how hub pages scores the people who publish here. I have had my score move up and down 5 points in a week. As long as your content has value it doesn't seem to matter.

We have all learned posting in forums and answering questions help the score. Writing good quality hubs and lots of them helps also. Commenting on others hubs, and hub hopping help also. Challenges both the hub pages challenge and private ones in the forums can help too. One of the forum challenges took my hub score up 5 points in two days.

The people with the highest scores probably spend hours a day either writing hubs or behind the scenes on hub pages somewhere. Because my schedule is so erratic I have no way to monitor my time here. I try to make a daily visit but sometimes it's not possible.

My recommendation is spend as much time on hub pages as you can reading hubs by others, making comments, create or reply to forum posts, hub hop a little, write a few more hubs, and your score will go up.

1. Randy Godwin profile image93
        Randy Godwinposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Nope, I don't spend hours a day posting hubs or participating on HP.  Author score is fickle and goes up and down all of the time.

1. 0
          kimberlyslyricsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

you said fickle

1. Randy Godwin profile image93
            Randy Godwinposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It's a cross between pickle and another word I'm reluctant to use here on the forums, Kim!  lol

2. sofs profile image87
      sofsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Author score is of no consequence.. it keeps dropping and climbing back with every hub activity. There are many factors that go into computing the score.. but they really don't mean anything. Definitely not in terms of money.

All you need to worry about is that your Author scores should not fall below 75 and your hub scores below 40 which makes your links no follow.
      The rest is some crazy jiggle that all scores do smile
      I guess you worry way too much smile Relax and Cheers smile

2. Lisa HW profile image82
    Lisa HWposted 5 years ago

As others have said, the score goes up and down all the time (and all through any day).  I've been away from the site for a few days, and I'll come back to find my score went up.  It looks to me as if traffic plays a role (among a bunch of other things).  It's really not anything to be watching unless it drops some huge amount (in which case, the problem would, I think, most likely be with something a person was doing in Hubs that dramatically decreased the quality of them).

3. R.S. Hutchinson profile image85
    R.S. Hutchinsonposted 5 years ago

I try to keep my score exactly at 87 or 87.5 ... if it starts to rise I just give my keyboard the silent treament, it it gets lower I offer HP staff oranges. So far it is working very well. (and oranges are on sale today- WINNING!)

4. psycheskinner profile image80
    psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago

Trying to keep the score anywhere but out of the gutter strikes me as rather strange.

The way I see it the parameter I need to follow is CPM and total traffic.

The author score is to encourage us to do what Hubpages needs, some of which is going to help us earn money and some of which is not.  It is an indirect and unreleasable indicator where traffic and CPM are direct and reliable ones.