jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

How can you tell when a hub was published?

1. R.S. Hutchinson profile image85
    R.S. Hutchinsonposted 5 years ago

Unless I am just not seeing it, how can you tell when a hub was published? I look at other hubs and wonder when it was published and can only get an idea by looking at the comments and when the comments were poasted.

I know that for my own hubs I can look under account settings but I am more interested in knowing how my public can know when the hub was published.

Is there a trick for adding a published date that won't change if you go in and tweak the hub days or months or years later?

2. SunSeven profile image62
    SunSevenposted 5 years ago

Hubs are supposed to be evergreen, so the published dates were not important. Just a guess. smile

1. Theresa_Kennedy profile image82
      Theresa_Kennedyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I agree with SunSeven. It's important that hubs don't look dated, because fresh and current gets the traffic.

3. Stacie L profile image89
    Stacie Lposted 5 years ago

i agree,but if there are comments on it,it can give you a good estimate of the age, or date of it.
    ....as the comments have some time frame such as how long they were posted..

4. Cagsil profile image82
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

The Hub "date" is most for the author and SEO value, and not for the reader.

However, as you already stated, the comment section and the statistics page is how you can see the dates with regards to age of a Hub.

But, anyone searching Hubs + (Your username), then will get a list of your hubs, comments and forum posts. The age will show on that search. Something I checked out, when this question was asked once before.