jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

156 views and... 14 impressions?

1. jaredbangerter profile image87
    jaredbangerterposted 5 years ago

Is this a joke?  I understood that the ratio of views to impression should be higher than that.  On average out of 1000 views, 600 of them should be impressions, according to hubpages own help document.

I watched from the time I woke up yesterday till the time I went to bed and got at least 156 views in one day.  You'd think I should have gotten at least 60 impressions. 

I feel pretty ripped off.  How do I fix this and get more impressions per views?

2. psycheskinner profile image80
    psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago

Where are you getting the numbers from exactly, and are they for the same time period and URLs?

1. jaredbangerter profile image87
      jaredbangerterposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I am looking at my account overview where it shows how many views I get.  First thing in the morning I look at my total number of views, then right before bed I look at it again and subtract the difference.  Yesterday the difference was 156 views.  When I woke up this morning I made only six cents.

3. psycheskinner profile image80
    psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago

Views for the day always relates to the 24 hours prior to the current hour. You just read the number, nothing is added or subtracted

Or are you are looking at all time earnings for all hubs...?

If you are using adsense, it is quite possible to earn nothing at all. But I am still not 100 percent clear on where you feel the discrepancy is

What do you mean by impression, exactly? Impressions don't earn a set amount. Your $ per impresiion is shown as your 'CPM'--what are you getting in that column?

working