jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (5 posts)

Unique Web Address?

1. 61
    Sandra Eposted 5 years ago

At the risk of everyone else in the room laughing their head off, I tried to start a Hub and was asked to indicate a unique web address.  I don't understand what this means.  Do I need my own web page or something before I can post a hub on Hubpages--perhaps I have misunderstood the whole concept.  I thought I could just type or cut/paste from Word into the hub slot.  Do I need to use the Windows Live Writer?  Please advise after the laughter has stopped!

1. theherbivorehippi profile image83
      theherbivorehippiposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Did you type in a title of your hub in the first line? It will generate a unique web address for you. smile

1. 61
        Sandra Eposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks so much for your reply, herbivorehippi.  No, I had not typed in the title yet.  I was trying to see how the process worked in general before I did so--silly me.  Thanks for your patience--I didn't even hear a snicker!

2. wilderness profile image97
      wildernessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

The hippi is right.  The first step will be to pick a title - that generates the unique web address.

After that, some hubbers write on word and then copy/paste while others write directly into HP capsules that you will be using. 

You might take a look at the learning center (link at bottom of this page).

1. 61
        Sandra Eposted 5 years ago in reply to this

As I replied to "the hippi", I was on a seach and quest at the time, sort of testing the process since I am very new to this type of genre.  I had been through several topics on the learning center, but I guess I missed something on this topic.  However, despite your name tag, you have led me out of the tutorial wilderness.  Thanks so much for your prompt reply.