jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (12 posts)

Sub Domain Index Results

1. Mark Ewbie profile image83
    Mark Ewbieposted 6 years ago

I used the site:markewbie.hubpages.com search in Google to see which of my hubs have been indexed.

Then I checked some of those hubs keywords in a separate Google search.

Hubs that had largely disappeared from view after Panda now seem to be showing in the first page.

I hope this isn't a temporary state of affairs, 'new' content being indexed highly.  Or Google now knowing I'm a Hubber and therefore showing me what I want to see, rather than what other people see.

Looks good to me.

1. celebritie profile image76
      celebritieposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Good job Mark I am so proud of you.

Mark Ewbieposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Are you being sarcastic?  Am I over sensitive? Whichever - I am just sharing my limited knowledge in the hope it may be useful.  And to share others experiences as well.

1. CASE1WORKER profile image79
          CASE1WORKERposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I think Over sensitive, which is not like you at all! Were we up a little early this morning ?

Yes, Case, we were.  And we drank a lot of coffee.

2. CASE1WORKER profile image79
    CASE1WORKERposted 6 years ago

I have got to try and look at my site- you technically minded people sure lead the way!

3. earner profile image86
    earnerposted 6 years ago

I'd not bothered ... I vaguely remember something about a sub-domain and vaguely remember thinking "I'll not bother".  I hate decisions as I'm a "bird in the hand" type of person and would be fearful of things going downwards.

smile

Hi earner, you will moved onto a sub domain at the end of the month anyway - everyone is moving.  You have the option now to go to your account and set the move in motion immediately, or wait.  I moved immediately because it couldn't be any worse.

4. WriteAngled profile image91
    WriteAngledposted 6 years ago

I tried that search. Only one hub has been indexed, and it does not show up anywhere significant in search results. Guess this change is not going to help me sad

Give it a few days... hopefully.

2. cre8tive profile image82
      cre8tiveposted 6 years ago

I did the subdomain thing yesterday (there is probably a more technical term than 'subdomain thing' but I can't think of it.)

I've just done the site: search thingy and it looks like most of my hubs are indexed (thanks for the how to on that Mark - I didn't know it could be done).

Views are definately up, in fact as it's Friday and my views are normally jumping of a cliff by now, they are looking very healthy ~ so the subdomain thing gets a big thumbs up from me.

3. RedElf profile image83
      RedElfposted 6 years ago

Hey, Mark, thanks for starting this thread. I just checked and there I am! Along with links to other sites that promote my hubs big_smile
      I did a keyword search on several hubs - some fairly common terms, not just the hub titles - most of the hubs popped up on the first page of Google results YAY YAY YAY (not quite turning handsprings big_smile but feeling hopeful)
      ...and the hubs that showed up were a mix of older and a few new, so who knows smile

working