jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Duplication Lookout

1. 0
    michaelbt2posted 5 years ago

I have posted 100+ articles on other article directories. However in the past few weeks I have gone in and removed all from those locations to focus my efforts on HubPages. However, within the time frame those were up, "leachers" have replicated my content onto their websites. The original content is no where online however, these replicated versions are. How am I going to post on HubPages without receiving a duplicate content warning?

2. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 5 years ago

I would suggest doing a rewrite of the originals hmm it may be annoying but least you won't have to deal with the duplicate flagging smile Set a 'schedule' of say, 2 a day, post to HP, add supporting media - video, related links. Each Hub will get indexed and all will be 'natural' progression wink welcome to HubPages big_smile

3. wilderness profile image95
    wildernessposted 5 years ago

It sounds like Dame Scribe has posted the only solution.  You no longer have any proof that you are the original author - it is simply a claim that you cannot substantiate.

Given that, I don't see any way around it but a complete re-write.

This really bites and is yet another reason to pursue thieves whenever we find them.  Good luck!

4. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago

You put the articles in directories, the purpose of which--as far as I am aware--is to get people to use and distribute them widely and freely. They have ToS that spell this out. So... That material will never be unique/original interms of search results again.

1. 0
      michaelbt2posted 5 years ago in reply to this

True, if the correct steps are taken (contacting the Article Directory for publishing rights). However, as my reply below states...I have found some of my articles on Article Marketing on "House Cleaning Tips" blogs.  Clearly stolen.

I might just have to face the music and rewrite. Ugh!

5. 0
    michaelbt2posted 5 years ago

There are some I could likely fight as my articles on Article Marketing don't really line up with "House Cleaning" blogs. And re-writing 50,000+ words is not something I'm up for doing, but maybe a must.

I'd like to learn how HubPages research for duplicate content. It's probably a fairly simple system, however not double-checked by humans.