jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (14 posts)

Is it cowardly to pile on when someone has been kicked down?

1. Greg Sage profile image60
    Greg Sageposted 6 years ago

Maybe I'm just feeling philosophical today, but I'm wondering whether it's a sign of cowardice, or of mental instability of some sort that people tend to join the bandwagon and pile on once the ball is rolling.

I could point to any number of examples, but just for the sake of conversation, perhaps I'll start with recent events at HP.

Many of you no doubt remember Biblicaliving's slanderous article written about me:

http://hubpages.com/hub/Greg-Sage-is-ruining-my-life

And the beatings continued with the tripe-piece:

http://hubpages.com/hub/Danger-Close-Wh … -Greg-Sage

No surprises there, of course.  Once someone has shown themselves to be an ninja assassin, you must watch their beady eyes lest they make another move.

But this... THIS... is just too much.  Here I am minding my own business when for no apparent reason Paridise7 not only starts slingin' poo like a disgruntled helper-monkey, but has the audacity to pimp her profanity in my very own hub.

http://paradise7.hubpages.com/hub/Greg- … ap-Giraffe

Unhealthy relationship?  I assure you Jerry is not a "Petite lap-dancing Giraffe" as was recently proffered.

Soblovsky's are considered the finest PLG breeders in the Northern hemisphere.  Papers!  I have papers!

And what exactly do references to my "vaguely repellent personal habits" have to do with anything?

Ladies and Gentlemen of the jury.  Far be it from me to promote any of my own hubs... but as hesitant as I am to draw any attention whatsoever to this collective mutiny, I must ask:

Is it cowardly to pile on when someone has been kicked down?

2. Uninvited Writer profile image83
    Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago

Didn't you post about this last week? Flag them and get over it.

I know it's not fun when you are on the receiving end but these seem more humorous hubs rather than vicious personal attacks.

3. Greg Sage profile image60

Flag them?

Heavens no.

They must be stoned in the village square for all to see.

The forum is well suited to that purpose.

4. Greg Sage profile image60

What exactly is the definition of a hate crime?

1. profile image0
      Sherlock221bposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It would depend on which end of the hate crime you were at.  If you were the recipient, it would be a hate crime.  If you were the perpetrator, it would be exacting justice.

2. Uninvited Writer profile image83
      Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Writing a hub about someone is not...

5. Greg Sage profile image60

Even if they are of a protected class?

Wouldn't an endangered species be such a class?

6. Jonathan Janco profile image81
    Jonathan Jancoposted 6 years ago

Greg, would you mind reassuring us that you are not doing this to yourself under a second and third profile?
    If this is for real, its ridiculous. File a restraining order or something. Or maybe not but flag them or file an official complaint with HP

1. R.S. Hutchinson profile image85
      R.S. Hutchinsonposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Jon, you and I think alike smile I thought about anylyzing the writing, but then  I decided not to because.. frankly I don't care to expell that much energy smile

7. Greg Sage profile image60

Yes... I've spent the past 27 months establishing a sleeper cell.

Just wait... I've already heard about another coming.

btw, r.s.  you and I joined on the same day.  I'm at around 4400 views with no alter egos, no backlinking, no social bookmarking, no social media shares, no linkfarms, etc. 

Just sayin'.

Just bustin' your chops.  You get it at least (I think). Ironic awareness in tends to run thin around here.  That's usually the funniest part.

Who am I to try and stop a pile-on party.

I'm flattered that you know when I started, for I had no idea when you did smile And thank you for letting me know all about your hub views and such... I'm pretty sure I will sleep better tonight - and for that I thank you.

1. Greg Sage profile image60
        Greg Sageposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You forgot to say "thank you."

I did didn't I?

8. Greg Sage profile image60

Actually, I know because we were both asking some of the same questions first few days.

I read a couple of your hubs.

If I remember correctly, I thought the one I checked out on creative writing was pretty good.

Closed to reply

working